CHAPTER 13: THE ELECTION (II)- SAFEHOUSE

Mari's POV

When Luka walked on the podium and donned his sash, the students went wild for him. Principal Damocles then made way for him to say something to the people.

"Students of Francois Dupoint, thanks for this incredible opportunity to be your new Student Body President! I can't but appreciate everyone who has been by my side since the beginning of this electoral race. And I assure you all that I won't let you down," he states. "My team and I will do everything in our power to make the school a wonderful haven for all our students!"

"Not if I have anything to say anything about it!"

We all turned to the back of the hall to see a male figure with a purple sceptre coming towards the podium with fury.

"Luka Coffaine! I demand you to give up your position as President, else you will face the consequences!"

"Carl? Take it easy man, I don't want to fight. I won the elections fair and square!" Luka protested.

"I am Franchise , idiot! And since, you have decided not to be sensible and hand over peacefully, You leave me no choice but to take it by force!" Saying this, Carl pointed his sceptre to Luka and immediately, Luka was turned into stone.

This caused everyone to panic in a frenzy as Carl walked up to the podium.

"Now, to my new executives, as your President you will obey me!" pointing his sceptre, the new executives became soilders.

"We are at your command, sir!"

"Good! Now my first order to you is... FIND LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR!" with this, he started turning students into his personal bodyguards and others into stone.

I feel a hand grab me and before I could react, Adrien was pulling me out of the hall, running away with him and into a class. "Stay here. I'll call for help," he said, leaving immediately.

"Well, that ruined the inauguration party," said Tikki.

"Don't worry, we'll fix everything. Tikki, spots on!"

Ladybug jumped out of the window and into the school building. I burst through the schoo hall to see Chat aready fighting the soilders.

"Nice seeing you, M'Lady," he greeted as I joined him in fighting off the soilders.

"Same Kitty, any info?" I ask.

"Not really, all I know is that these soldiers are very annoying. Cataclysm!" he called, touching one of the pillars of the hall. Chat and I escape right before the roof gave way and trapped most of them under the rubble.

A silouhette of the villain appears fromt he dust.

"Nice try, peasants, but I reign now! Give me your miraculous!"

"Never, you are outnumbered! Two against one!" I say triumphantly.

"Oh really?" he said. Snapping his fingers, leigions upon legions of soldiers marched around him and barricaded him. "Charge!"

A gruesome battle followed, Chat and I kept on fighting all the mindless soldiers. Eventually, I manage to grab his scepter and smash it on the wall, but no akuma comes out.

"Not every weapon is akuma, Loserbug!" Franchise sneered as he shot a beam at me, which I barely deflect. Chat and I run to the other end of the school building taking shelter from the new army he summons.

"Lucky Charm!" I call, earning a fishing line. I instantly look around and spot Kim. I also spot Ivan and finally Marc.

"I've got it! But we need a few others!" I say to Chat. "Distract them for me would you?" I ask before jumping off.

I reappear with King Monkey, Minatoraux and Rooster Bold by my side. I explain the plant to everyone before we go back to face him.

Rooster Bold and Chat began to fight off all the soldiers while Minatoraux landed in front of Franchise. "How bold of you to show up and fight, you inexperienced superhero!"

"That's a lot coming from you, inexperienced supervillain!" Minatoraux countered.

Franchise's eyes gleamed with rage. "You're gonna pay for that!" he said shooting a beam towards him, but before it hits him, Minatouraux calls on his power of Resistance which protects him.

While Franchise begin hand-to-hand combat, I tactfully knot the fishing line behind the two of them. When I am finished, I signal to Ivan to draw him closer to the finishing line.

With a punch, Franchise staggers towards the line, trip and falls down. While down, King Monkey appears from hiding and calls his power, Uproar, which gives him a shoe. He throws the shoe to Franchise, causing his powers to go haywire.

The soldiers stop attacking Chat and Rooster Bold, and begin to attack Franchise. In the chaos, Rooster Bold uses his power to wish for the proper location of where the akuma is hiding. The wish provides the akumatised object, which turned out the be a ripped campaign poster. I rip it up and the akuma flies out. With the swing of my yo-yo and the throwing up of my fishing line, order in Paris is restored.

"Pound it!" we all say before returning to our respective destinations.

I go back into the class Adrien hid me in and detransformed. Seconds later, a panting Adrien opened the door.

"Marinette! Are you okay ?" he queries

"I'm fine, Adrien. What happened, you never came back?" I inquired

He scratches his neck nervously. "Well....um.... I kind of got transformed into a soldier while looking for help," he chuckles.

The thought of fighting Adrien as Ladybug made me pale instantly.

"Don't worry, I'm fine now. I'm sorry I didn't come back to protect you," he said before hugging me.

I smile sadly. He's a really sweet boyfriend. "I love you," I whisper

"Me too."