CHAPTER 7: THE AKUMA

Mari's POV

The akuma was a man with a baton. He wore a purple hat with matching suspenders and kept turning everyone in his path into drums, soiders and baton twirlers.

What in the world is this??

"Ladybug! Do something!" yelled Alya and as soon as she did, she was turned into a drum set.

Wow.

"Ready to take on this villain? Or you're now rusty at the job?" Chat Noir teased.

"Oh please, kitty. I can knock this villain down if I want to. And I'm ready to do so." Turning to the villain, I yell, "Hey you! What's got you twirling your baton so bad?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," he said before shooting a beam of light at us.

I used my yo-yo to shield myself from the beams. Chat began to fight the supervillain as I took everyone to safety. After I did, I joined him in the fight.

"I'll bet anything the akuma is in his baton. It's where he keeps shooting those beams, not to mention it's hideous design," Chat said as he continued fighting the villain.

"Got it! Lucky charm!" I yell, and instantly I receive a glitter bomb.

"Wasn't expecting a glitter bomb, but at least it sparkles up my day," Chat said. I ignored him as my lucky vision showed me the Arc de Triumph and an arts and craft shop. I see a shade of pink on the banner of the anniversary, and my vision points it out as well.

"Got it! Kitty, take him to the Arc de Triumph! I'll meet you there," I call as I instantly make my way to the shop where Socqueline works at.

"Hey! I need a tub of glue, please," I say.

"Have it Ladybug! On the house!" she tells me.

I thank her and rush outside. I then use my yo-yo to call Rose. I had told them when I gave them their miraculous that they should always be on standby in case I want to call to join the fight. It's obviously impractical for all eighteen heroes to come out to battle.

"Pigella, Paris needs you. Meet me at the Arc de Triumph. I'll explain everything when you get there," I tell her before ending the call.

In five minutes, Pigella was on the Arc de Triumph with me. I called Chat Noir.

"Chat?"

"We are almost at the Arc. Any problem?"

"That's perfect. I've got Pigella with me. When you get there, jump to the roof and leave her to do her magic," I say.

"Got it M'Lady."

I take Pigella to the bottom of the Arc and tell her to be on standby. Few minutes later, Chat was at the Arc and jumped up immediately.

"Gift!"

The akuma was instantly paralysed as he began to see his greatest wish. He just wanted to be a part of his parade band. Oh I get it.... Parade.... Stampede!

Good one to the person who akumatised him.

I then throw the glitter bomb in his face and glued his feet to the floor. In the moment of chaos, I grabbed his baton and threw it to Chat Noir, and once he activated his cataclysm, it was all over.

"Time to de-evilise!" I said as I took out my yo-yo and cleansed the evil butterfly. I then take the packet of the glitter bomb and throw it in the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!" I call out, reversing all the damage and turning Alya back into a human being... not a drum set.

"Pound it!" said Pigella, Chat and I as we did a fist bumb.

Immediately, I felt an ominous aura accompanied by the heavy flapping of wings. I looked up to see evil butterflies heading towards me. Just as I prepare to attack, they stop and drop an envelope in my hands before flying away.

"Hmmm... weird," I say. "Pigella, thanks for your help. You may go now. Chat and I will handle this." And with a nod, she leaves.

I open the seal and notice a letter in it.

Dear Ladybug and Chat Noir,

I do not mean to cause any harm. I am but a simple lady who wants to do simple business. I have reasons; reasons that are none of your concern. Give me your miraculous, and everything will be well.

Remember, we are three.

XOXO,

Lady Papillon

"Three? Can three people use a miraculous at the same time? Does she have two other allies?" I ask myself.

"I don't know... but I guess we're gonna be seeing more each other M'Lady," said Chat

"Yeah, I guess. See you soon. Bug out!" I say as I swing away.