CHAPTER 18: THE FINALS

Mari's POV

"Marinette, YOU'll be late for your exams!"

I groaned as I woke up, thanks to my mum's yelling. I rise from my desk and trudge to the mirror as I see my reflection. Blood shot eyes met mine as I wiped them yawning.

"MARINETTE! ARE YOU AWAKE LOVE?!"

"I'M AWAKE MAMAN! " I yelled back.

"Are you sure Marinette? You barely got sleep last night," Tikki says worriedly. Alya had helped me find the earrings and I got Tikki back. She understood my situation, I think.

About her question.....

She had a point though.

I had soaked my pillows with tears Friday night, stayed in bed throughout Saturday and could only read for my finals yesterday evening.

The exam I have today is French Literature which starts in...

"...TEN MINUTES?! I'M GONNA BE LATE!!!!!" I yelled racing into the bathroom.

I quickly showered and changed into my school clothes before grabbing my bad and stuffing my stationery into it and running down the stairs, Tikki close behind. On getting to the bakery, I grab a handful of cookies and bolt towards the door.

"No goodbye kiss from me, Marinette?"

I look over my shoulder to see my mum standing near the counter. I give her a hug and she stares into my eyes. I had told her that Adrien and I got into an argument and she had been my comfort... apat from Alya and Tikki of course.

"Are you sure you wanna have your exam, Marinette? Your health is more important," she said, concerned.

"I'm fine mama, I promise," I said before kissing her cheeks and leaving.

"I'm fine," I say to myself as I walk to school. "I am gonna ace this exam!"

"Yeah, Marinette! Say it 'till you believe it!" Tikki chirps beside me.

I half-smile. This exam's gonna be fine right?

Of course it was!

Question 1:The figure of speech which states an unpleasant fact in a mild, pleasant manner is called....

Adrien.

Question 13 : When a character in a play engages in loud-self talk to allow the audience access into his/her mind, the character is said to be......

Adrien.

Question 36: Name the titles of three French ballads.

Adrien.

Adrien.

And.....

Adrien.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breath.

"You okay girl?" Alya asks, worriedly.

"I'm fine, Als.... I'm just...."

"Is there a problem, Miss Dupain-Cheng?" Miss Mendeliev asked.

"N-Not at all, Miss," I squeak before facing my work.

Oh crud, this is gonna be hard.

"How do you know I can't help you out if you don't tell me what is wrong, Ladybug!"

You tried to help me so many times, Adrien. With the miraculous, with my nightmares, but I shut you out. I always shut you out...

"GABRIEL AGRESTE WAS MONARCH AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!! YOU LIED TO ME THAT MY FATHER WAS A HERO WHEN HE WAS A MONSTER TO THE PEOPLE OF PARIS?!"