CHAPTER 6: THE ANNIVERSARY

A/N:

Happy new month everyone!!! Welcome to October! :)

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, thanks!!!!

Now, we read!

Alya's POV

"I can't do this Alya! What if I forget what I'm saying? What if I tip the podium over and everything gets destroyed? Paris would hate me!"

As Marinette rambles on in her clueless stupidity, Tikki, Trixx and I look helplessly at her.

"Girl, you've got to relax. You're gonna be great!" I say to no avail as she continues pacing her room like a maniac in pigtails.

"I think I know what to do," Tikki says as she flies over to Marinette's computer. A few minutes later, I hear an upbeat music begin to play.

Radiant.

Carefree.

Dreamy.

"Adrien, the fragrance!" Marinette says along with the ad, causing me to facepalm.

Hard.

"Marinette, focus! You're gonna be upstage with millions of people watching you! And no matter what happens, the people still love you! You're the one who put an end to the reign of HawkMoth, ShadowMoth, Monarch, whatever his name was. Although it confuses me that you never revealed his true identity to the public, nor did you tell me," I ask puzzled.

Marinette sighs. "I have reasons, Alya. I'll tell you when I can. It's...complicated." I sigh. I have no reasons to doubt her but I'm a reporter! I get curious sometimes.

"Fine. I trust you girl," I say before we hug. "Now go out there! Be Ladybug!"

"Okay okay," she says. "Are you ready, Tikki?"

"Ready, Marinette!"

"Tikki, Spots on!"

Mari's POV

In ten minutes I was at the Seine. Chat and I had agreed to meet up there so we could go together.

"Beautiful as ever Bugaboo," I spin around to see the said cat holding a bouquet of roses with a grin. He also held a box of La Maison du Chocolat, one of the best chocolate brands in Paris. He then hands them over to me. "For you, M'Lady," he says, making my heart melt.

"Aww, Kitty. You didn't have to. Now you made me feel guilty for not getting you one."

"You being here today is the purrfect gift, if I do say so myself," he says with a smirk, earning a bonk over his head with my yo-yo.

"Shut up, you stupid cat," I mutter with my cheeks becoming more rosy while he laughs. He's quite aware of my feelings towards him, so flirting with me has become of a tease than proclamation of love. "Race you to City Hall? Loser has to buy the food for our lunch date," I girn.

"Oh, you're so on. On three," Chat smirks.

I began to count.

"One...... Two-HEY!" I yelled as Chat extended his baton and took off.

"No fair!" I scream as I go after him.

After ten minutes, we both land in city hall.

"So I guess you are buying me lunch after all," Chat smirked.

"Oh please, you cheated. So you're disqualified," I said with a hair flip just to make a point.

The Mayor began her speech.