CHAPTER 4: THE RESUMPTION

3 weeks later....

Mari's POV

"Marinette."

I glance around to see who is calling my name to see the allegedly dead fashion designer and former terrorist of Paris.

"G-Gabriel?" I gasp

"Please Adrien should never know who I was. He shouldn't know I was a villain. I just wanted to make things better for him."

"You tried to make things better for him by putting your safety on the line and shutting him out for almost a year? You tried to make him better by making him so preoccupied with activities like modeling, fencing, Chinese?" Now I can't hide my anger.

"I know it doesn't sound fair but..."

"You tried to make things better by making him model for you even though he absolutely hated it? And after he told you he didn't want to model anymore, you still used his face for a publicity stunt to sell rings which you used to endanger this city?" I stopped and look at him straight in the eye. "Did you only agree to spend more time with him because you knew you had only limited time left?" I choke out with tears in my eyes. He sighed, and that gave the answer I was looking for.

"You shouldn't have gone after our miraculous. You still would've been with Adrien. He didn't deserve to feel the loss of his parent. Again," I say as I look at him with pain.

"It's too late now. He has Emilie."

"But he would've had you. He had already accepted her disappearance. How did you think he felt when he heard about your death? He cried for days and refused to come out of his room until I had to intervene. Sure, he's glad his mom is back, but the pain of your death still hurts. And it hurts me that I keep this from him, because he believes you were hero not knowing you were..... you were.... A FREAKING MONSTER!" I lunge for his gut but my hand fazes through as he disappears, leaving me alone sobbing uncontrollably.

"Marinette! You're gonna be late for your first day in high school!" Tikki yells as she sees my face. "Marinette, were you crying?" she asks worriedly.

"I'm fine, Tikki. It's just a dream," I say as I hurry into the bathroom. In a few minutes, I had showered, brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack as well as my sketchbook as I race downstairs to the dining table.

"There's my high-school girl!" my dad said as he ruffled my hair. I hug him and peck my mom on the cheek.

"Marinette, I'm so happy that you're finally in high school! Soon you'll go to college, become famous and all your dreams will come true," mom said. "And you'll marry that Adrien boy and have three kids, a dog and a hamster named..."

"Maman, let's slow down and look towards our immediate reality shall we?" I chuckle nervously as I begin eating my oatmeal with blueberries and bananas. I feel Tikki moving around my purse so I stuff a few cookies into it when no one was looking.

My phone buzzes and I look at it to see Adrien requesting a video chat. I accept the request and we begin talking.

"Ready for the beginning of the craziest adventure of our lives?" he asks, causing me to chuckle.

"You bet," I say as I finish my breakfast and lay it on the sink before hugging my parents and making my way to the door.

"And what better way to start it than us going together?" he asks.

"Huh? What do you mean...?" I start to say before seeing him on the doorway. "Shall we?" he asks.

"We shall," I say, grabbing his hand. "So...you're birthday is coming up. What are you planning on doing?"