CHAPTER 15: THE TORTURE

Mari's POV

As soon as the bell rings for lunch, Max leaves the class, Kim hot on his heels.

"Poor Max.... he's suffering for what is not his fault!" I sigh

"Yeah, the guy's GPA has probably gone down," Nino says while both of us, Alya and Adrien make our way out of the class to the cafeteria.

Soon enough, simultaneous buzzes go through our phones.

"Results are out already?" Alya groans before clicking it open. "Oh I did we-ADRIEN YOU GOT FIRST?!!!"

"Wait what?!" Adrien says surprised, before opening the file. "WAIT..... I'M TOPPING The CLASS!!! YESS!!!!"

"While I'm third. Again," I say sarcastically. "With a 4.49? You've got to be kidding me!" I groan.

"Congrats, my dude," Nino says, shaking Adrien with a bro hug at the side.

"Yeah, but how did you do it?" I ask teasingly. "I'm sure Max wouldn't give up the number 1 spot so easily."

"Maybe it's just luck," Alya points out. "I mean, he did lose like over a hundred and fifty marks in the last four hours. I am surprised he's holding up second!"

"Oh well...." I say before I hear a slap echo through the room. We turn to see Alix in full fury and Kim with a stinging cheek.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Alix yells raising her hand. Before she hits him again, though, Luka rushes to the scene.

"Hey, take it easy Alix!" he says, pulling Alix aside. "What happened?"

"This boy is a cheat! He made Max do their group project all by himself and did not lay a single finger on the work. Not only that, he is the one who lost Max's math note!"

Everyone gasped, turning to Kim for an explanation.

"I left it in the pool! It was an accident!"

"An accident that cost Max a hundred marks?" Nino asks "Not cool, dude!"

"Yeah, you know how Max is with his grades! That was horrid of you!" said Mylenne.

"Oh please! He'll come around! It's not like anything bad is gonna happen to him!" Kim yells defensively.

"Oh nothing will happen to me, but something terrible is gonna happen to you!"

Kim turned to see a dark figure punch him hard in the face. The punch sent him flying to the other end of the cafeteria and destroying the wall in the process.

Oof.

"That hurts right?" the figure said ominously. "That's what you get for ruining my life!"

"M-Max?!"

"I'm not Max you dumbhead! Max would never deal with you the way Elite will!" with that, Max (or Elite?) grabbed Kim and sent him flying through the door and slamming him onto a locker in the hallway.

With all the commotion, I manage to sneak away behind a potted plant. "Tikki, Spots on!" I whisper, transforming into Ladybug.

"Hey, Intelligent Quotient! Stop harassing him! I don't know what he did to you, but we can work this out!"

"No we cannot! I have sacrificed so much for him! And what does he do? He lazes around as usual, expecting me to do everything for him. I want to teach him a lesson he'll never forget!" he says, as he began levitating Kim. Just as he was about throwing him onto another wall, a cat-themed superhero jumps in and rescues him. As soon as he is set down, Kim instantly runs away.