CHAPTER 19: THE SECRETS

Adrien's POV

"WHY DO YOU WANT TO HELPME WHEN YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL! EVEN IF I TELL YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?! ARE YOU GOING STOP GABRIEL AGRESTE FROM INVADING MY DREAMS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH EVERYDAY, LYING TO MY FRIENDS... LYING TO THE ENTIRE CITY OF PARIS AND HIDING THE FACT THAT GABRIEL AGRESTE WAS MONARCH!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HIDE THAT GABRIEL SUCCEEDED IN MAKING HIS WISH, CAUSING THE ENTIRE WORLD TO BE DESTROYED AND REBUILT, BRIGNING EMILIE BACK TO LIFE!!!!! DO YOU?! DO YOU?!!!!!!!!!"

I just can't get it out of my head.

How would Marinette do this to me?

How could she keep such a secret from me? Didn't I deserve to know?

"Marinette kept it away from you because she wanted to keep you safe. She was worried you were gonna react like.... y'know... this," Plagg said worriedly.

"She didn't have to keep it from me, Plagg! Was she gonna keep it away from me forever?!" I shot back.

"She wanted the best for you, Adrien!"

"By lying to me? Yeah, right!"

"Stop being unreasonable, Adrien. The girl loves you!"

"She doesn't, Plagg. She's just an obsessed fan who wanted to be with me. She wouldn't have hid it from me if she did love me."

Plagg stopped talking, he looked shocked.

"What did you just call her?"

"An obsessed fan..."

"Marinette? An obssessd fan? In the same sentence?"

"Plagg I'm done with this conversation," I said before throwing some cheese to keep him distracted.

"Oh hell no. We are not done, and you are not distracting me with cheese!" he said before flying to my face.

"Plagg-"

"Marinette is the last person who would want to be with someone because of fame! She has loved you from the moment...."

"...I gave her my umbrella, the same story..."

"She really does. Sugarcube has told me how much she struggled to be with you. She lost the miraculous because of you, Adrien! She made so many mistakes because she loved you so badly. And when she tried to get over you because of the miraculous getting stolen, you came back to her life, making it more complicated for her!" Plagg yelled.

"But..."

"And now, you want to leave her because she wanted to keep you safe?! Yes I know she should've told you, but your father begged her not to. She was the reason why he sacrificed himself for your mother, Adrien!"

"Father only did it because he had to. He was gonna die either way!"

"That's not true Adrien! He wanted to sacrifice anyone else to save both him and your mom, but because of Marinette, he decided to sacrifice himself, for your sake! Marinette has given so much to be with you, and you ant to throw her away? That's callous of you, Adrien!"

"Enough Plagg! Can it!" I said before snapping my fingers, shutting him up. I walk to Nathalie's room and meet her there. I needed answers to my questions and I knew she had known. Who else would've Mayura been if not for her? Father wouldn't have trusted anyone else.

"Hello, Adrien. Your teacher informed me that your French History exam was postponed till tomorrow due to the akuma attack. Would you like me to help you prepare for...."

"I know you were Mayura."

She stopped talking and looked at me, her eyes giving it away almost instantly.