5: A blast from the past

Noor's POV

"you knew better than anyone Noor how much Habeeb loved me, it can't be forgotten by those who witnessed it how do you expect me to.. when i felt what was different from what i shared with the late Khaleel?!
I chose his brother over him times without a number, but he was there everytime, Habeeb was there everytime Noor! even when i didn't need him. But i feel like he's a changed man now...."
Lailah looked away trying to stop her tears.

Tonight is the night of joy for some and night of agony for others, I'm worried about my son Junior khaleel but I'm more worried about my friend and sister Lailah. We've spent our youth together and like a dream she's now a mother of 5.

"Even if he wishes to add another wife, I'm not in a position to stop him even though i know it will hurt me more than anything but he should say it out atleast and stop torturing me"

For the 22 years I've spent at the Ali Omar's mansion, Lailah was the first to provide comfort for me, she was married to Khaleel the second born of the 3 brothers at that time and she accepted me as her husband's adopted sister. They had 2 kids Nimrah and Safeenah, shortly after his death she got married to his younger brother Habeeb for 17 years now and they share 3 kids Abdallah, and the twins Hasna and Hussain. (Full story available in My Lifeline 💫)
So i consider her problem as my problem, JK has failed the deal he made with his father but he can wait, my friend needs me.

"That may not be the case Lailah..." I started " like you've said, the love Ya Habeeb has for you can't be forgotten by those who witnessed and i was there the whole time, what if there's more to it than we can understand? What if he just needs space? you know handling Royala and the family might be overwhelming at times. Kaleem also does that sometimes, it doesn't necessarily have to be another woman" i said gripping her cold hands to give her some warmth and comfort, in my mind hoping that's actually the case.

"I wish i hadn't tried believing he's just stressed out, your husband Kaleem is the director of Royala group and I'm sure he's handling more than just a CEO of Royala buildings however i still try to believe that Habeeb is going through alot so i try to give him his space but that doesn't change anything". She removed her hand from my gentle grip, as tears began wetting her cheeks.
"He's changed Noor believe me, the most patient man i once knew now gets pissed over little things and he gets offended at almost anything I'll say, skipping meals, Late night phone calls, how can you tell me there's no other woman?"

I dung my head staring at my diamond ring for a moment, how would i feel when Kaleem does the same for me? I know girls are his least concern, he doesn't spare them a second glance but you can't predict the future when it comes to men and their change of hearts.

"Try communicating with him Lailah..."

"I've already...." She started to but i interject.

"Confront him, demand for an answer! Because nobody could help you solve this problem more than yourself, i know it's hard but try" i put a hand on her shoulder to offer support.

"What if he's not ready to speak? I'm emotionally drained Nooorr" she burst out crying "ji nake kaman zuciyata zata fashe (I'm feeling like my heart will explode)...." She grabs the fabric resting on her chest rather tightly, and i could tell how bitter she's feeling "i can't handle it any longer"

I pulled her into a hug and could feel her body shaking "try and pray Lailah... And it shall be alright".

We stayed liked that for about 2 minutes untill the door to the room opened and the person in honour entered. We both turned to look at him as Lailah quickly looked away while i respond to his 'salam'.