12: Mr Mocktail

It's a beautiful Thursday morning, but not for me. My morning was foggy because of the usual nightmare, even though the concept of yesternight's nightmare was different however, it's nothing to celebrate.

I sat pocking my food with a fork, i was lost remembering what i saw yesterday, the younger me i usually saw in my dreams was attacked by a different guy yesterday, i couldn't see his face but he was trying to devour me whole.

"Dear are you alright?" I felt my mother's hand on mine. I look at her and force a smile on my lips thought she can see worry evident in my eyes.

I nodded "yes mummy, I'm fine" she placed her hand on my back and rub it gently, it's warm and comforting, untill i relax my posture.

"You should eat Hidaya, you've lost a lot of weight this days" commented my dad sitting next to mummy, he also looked really worried and it made me feel guilty for not having a moment of peace.
Even I, don't know the reason why I'm having constant nightmares and they also didn't tell me anything about it, but I'll not lie it's always making me unsettled and toying with my sanity.

I nodded and focus back on the food, eating slowly.

"You shouldn't be overworking yourself, when you need a break take it" added uncle Habeeb. And khaleel passed me the  dish of steak in front of him knowing how much i love meat. Abdulmaleek collected it from him and put a large piece on my plate. He returned from school yesterday because of the wedding.

"Eat yah Hidaya, and be well please"

I smile this time genuinely, no matter the struggle I'm facing in life, having this kind of family is great. I feel blessed having been born in such a loving and caring household.

"Okay" i nodded with a sigh.

"And if you need anything just tell me, I'll make you anything you want.." aunty Lailah smiled, "and you too Ammah dear"
She's the only person that realized Ammah is also not eating, and none knew what's bothering her.

Ammah glare at Lailah when she's not looking. She's the reason of her suffering, if not because of her, she'll have gotten what she wanted already, but the family tie between them is holding her back.

She's tired now, she's waiting no longer.

....
"Are you guys ready?" Jannah's aunt hollered.

"Almost there" Nimrah hollered back adjusting the bride's waist drape.

I finished pinning my Hijab and picked up my bag.

"What's with the Hijab now?" Ammah whined when i came to their veiw.

"Then how do you want me to go out? Tsirara kaman doya?! (Naked like yam?!)"

"No, but i thought you'll use the hijab as a veil, or hang it down your shoulder it's a wedding for god's sake"

"I refuse!" I remarked flatly.

"Suit yourself " she zipped her mouth and walk away.

That's when i turned my attention to the bride in green gown, i smiles seeing that she heed to my advice and changed the tight fitted gown with net sleeves she intended on wearing before.