16: I am Asif

It's been 2 years.

2 years since Nimrah's wedding.
2 years since i last saw khaleel and i can't believe it. I really thought I'd die when i didn't see my lovely dumb brother for a year, but here i am, alive and kicking after 2 years.
He visited only once in 2 years and i was away on a trip at that moment, and he returned before i come back.

Finally he's returning today but unfortunately i have work so i can't go with them to pick him up from the airport, because today is my first day of internship at BOLD group. I know you might be wondering why i choose a company other than Royala, but my motive is clear, given that Bold is the second most valuable construction company in the entire country after Royala so I'm looking for external experience. And today is the first day of trying that experience.

I wanted to go solely on my own but daddy insisted on sending me as an envoy of Royala, convincing me that it'll be double benefit and might assist me with a step in succeeding the company.

So i guess trying doesn't sound bad.

I woke at 5 sharp, and after I'm done with my prayers and morning azkhar i review some papers I'm going to present today because i want to start it solid. Because it's a weekday and everyone has either school or work, our mothers prepared breakfast at 7 and I set the table together with Abdullah.

"Someone dressed professionally today" said Nimrah as she carefully dropped dad's tea flask in front of him and she came to sit beside me. While mummy served him the tea in a mug and keep the flask away.

"Today's my first day remember?" I smiled excited, everything about work gets me excited.

"Yeah you look nice but intimidating at the same time, they'll think you went there to overtake their company".

"Right?" I debated looking down at my custom tailored beig suit, a cream shirt on the inside and a matching cream Hijab. "Then what do you suggest i should change into?"

"Lace, abaya or something" she started digging on her food while she left me debating on my choice. Because I don't want to make a single mistake today that'll make them have a bad impression on me. Not a single mistake.

"Ok then let me change and be back" i excused myself, but daddy stopped me before i could stand.

"Hidaya"

"Yes daddy"

"Not daddy" he corrected and i immediately understood what he meant. He wants to talk professionally, not as a father but as a boss.

"Yes sir kaleem" i gave him my attention.

"As a director for more than 15 years I'd like to tell you that clothes don't usually give off your potential, your hardwork does. Yes, dress professional, looks neat and modest but you can wear whatever you want, be it suit, abaya or something else. Work hard and what you're wearing won't matter"

"Yes sir then should i change or not?" It's like I'm more confused😅.

"As you see fit" he returned. I then turned to Nimrah and raise an eyebrow , inquiring for her opinion and she shrugged once again.

Looking at my wrist watch, i decided I'll be late if i say I'll change so i dug into my food and finished in minutes, grab my car keys and stood up.