18: Spare me a Glance

"you've never heard of something called gym?"
He sneered and wiped the place i touched him.
"Don't give me after bath goosebumps" he walked past me to where his clothes lay on the bed. Picked a bottle of perfume and start spraying all over it.

"And what are you doing in my room big sis?" He asked putting on his shirt.

I'm yet to get out of shock. "They.. They want you at breakfast table" finished with a sigh.

He stopped buttoning his shirt and offered me his undivided attention.
"Daya are you okay?"
His hand on my shoulder and his eyes scanning mine.

It's really a complete different man in front of me.
I sighed again calming myself down "I'm fine. I just... I just can't get used to the new you" i confessed earning a husky laugh from him.

"Really? Did i change that much? I really thought you're joking when you're asking me about my Beard and stuff or you're jealous because i have them before you"

I shot him a glare and he giggled.
"Don't worry Dayanah, I'll still be the obedient little brother you want. If you're being nice of course." He finished with a scowl and i could swear he looks terrifying. Like a scary grown ass man i never knew.

"You can go now. I'll be there in 5 minutes while I'm ready" he pushed me gently to the door after realising I'm lost in daze again.

"He says he'll be here in 5" i announced upon returning to where everyone was busy on his plate. I sat down and help myself with a toast and egg with sausage and pair it up with camomile tea.

He arrived when I'm almost done and he sat down to eat in silence after greeting everyone.

I finish in a jiffy and stood to leave.
"Daya let me finish and drop you" offered khaleel.

"You just returned yesterday, you're not going anywhere" says mom.

"Moreover I'm already late" i added.

He ignored me and pleaded "please mom!"

She shook her head in denial.

"Let him drive her Noorie, they just missed each other so it'll be a great chance to catch up" dad suggested and mom didn't protest any longer.

"Oya hurry up i told you I'm late" i sat back realising it has been decided he'll be my driver.

He gulp down his glass of milk and stood up. "I'm done let's go".

I bid everyone goodbye as usual with my parents wishing me luck and protection, i set out to where khaleel was already warming up the car.

"So a small kid is still taking milk for breakfast?!" I tease him.

"Small kid? I thought you said otherwise earlier" he says with a smirk.

I look down at his body, he's wearing a cognac sweater and amber gold trousers. But you could see his chiseled muscles and broad shoulders through the thin sweater.

It's intimidating. Really.

I cleared my throat "am i to feel safe with you driving this time?" I said to change the topic.