7: The catcher in the eye

"you know it's been a year since i went to Riyadh, so obviously I've to go and visit my all chain of relatives before we rest" khaleel put the navy blue kaftan he's going to wear on the bed, spraying perfume over it.
"But you can stay back if you don't want to go, it's a good chance to see around the capital though."

Azaan didn't answer him, he didn't feel like talking, He just stood up and left the room carrying his phone. Khaleel understands his body language, and he knew that means he's also going hence he's waiting for him outside.

....

"I'm downstairs" it spoke on Hidaya's phone that sat on her dresser.

She quickly picked it up "you gotta be kidding me Ammah, please don't pull my leg"

Ammah chuckled, "we returned from Kaduna yesterday because Hajiya Babba is coming back from Umrah this evening, I'm sure you knew about it, so we have to be around to welcome her".

"Wow, I'm coming down now" i disconnect the call and put back my earphones. i was watching stock trading plan before Ammah called me, so i set out to go and meet her.

I saw him from afar, he stood staring at the chandelier, unlike my coconut head of a brother, this kid can define 'peaceful' with his features.

Remembering the unfavourable scene he watched this morning, i feel bad for him.
"Hi Azaan" i said with a smile to give him a good impression about our whole family before i walk past him down the stairs.
..

"Ammah dear!" i opened my arms for her and she entered giggling.

"I bet you missed me alot my friend" she smiled and her dimples never seize to catch my eyes, they're so beautiful.

And so is she.

Ammah is my cousin, her father being my grandfather's younger brother, so she's like an aunt to us being our parents cousin. She's 21 that's two years younger than me and the same age as Jannah. Aunty zahrah's daughter the one getting married in 2 and half months from now.

Ammah is beautiful, nice, thoughtful and above all she respects herself as well as others, that's why she's our friend even though she's younger.

"So how's your mom's family that you went to visit?" I asked after we sat down once again and i asked the maids to bring more refreshments for her.

"They're all fine, they send their regards"

"Eyyerh! You know i would've went with you if not because of school "

"There's always a next tim.." she was cutt up by khaleel.

"Hey aunty Mah" he beamed standing in front of her.

Ammah smiled wider and engaged in a small talk with him.

"So you can address everyone as 'aunty' except me right? Saboda ni marainiyar wayon ka ce ko??"

"You know Daya suits you better " he rolled his eyes.

"Call me aunty Daya then" he ignored me and wave a good bye to Ammah.
"We're going for visitation, until i see you around aunty Mah"