10: Roses and Thorns

AZAAN'S POV

I had no idea I'll be attached this bad, Like some kind of drug, I'm trapped and i have no intention of giving up.

I took a glance at the bickering siblings. Instead of getting annoyed by their loudness, instead i find it lively. Two of my most important people, my best friend and my Love are enjoying my ride, if my mom could be here, my happiness would be whole.

I will want nothing more!.

"Stop testing my patience JK, else i might throw you out of this window" Hidaya threatened glaring at khaleel.

I look at her through the rear view mirror and her expression earned a honest chuckle from me. She's fuming with anger and i agree khaleel is annoying most of the time.

Khaleel threw the water bottle he just finished at her face and the moment she tried to throw it back on his face, he dodge it. Pulling out his tongue and ridiculing her for escaping it. And that successfully made her more angry.

She bit on her lower lip, trying to suppress her anger. And i found myself staring at her lips through the rear mirror for a second.
'Astagfirullah' i quickly take off my eyes, shaking my head off it.

'Sabr Azaan, sabr.(patience Azaan patience) don't make yourself become what you're not' i chanted subconsciously.

"If not because I don't want a foreigner to leave with bad impression on Nigerian sisters, i would've taught you a lesson you can't forget" she huffs turning her face away from his direction.

"As If" khaleel laughed. "I don't think you can beat me anymore, you see I'm growing stronger everyday, and you're not growing up at all"

"Should i show you wich part of me is growing?" SHe fold her wrist at his face.

He let out an awkward chuckle "No, thank you" he pushed her hand away.
"By the way, i noticed that you're nice to me these days, not calling me names such as coconut head or potato. Is it all because of him?" He pointed at me.

Why is he suddenly involving me in their conversation?
My body stiffened.

She nodded "what else could be the reason?... Can't you see your friend is incredibly nice? He even saved me from that shameless professor this morning. Atleast learn something from him khaleel, maybe then something will start growing inside your skul"

He gasped "atleast my brain is big enough to not make me develop feelings for someone older than me" he says the last part silently but not silent enough for me to not hear.

I just shook my head, he want me to come clean, and i will but not here.

"Where are we headed now?" I asked.

"We'll pick Ammah from her class then i want to buy something from any department store".

I did as she said with khaleel as my guide. He took us to a Mall instead.

"You're a GPS error" remarked Hidaya before she exited the car, Ammah added with "what do you expect from an 18 years old kid?" and this time i really laughed at him. I did not think a day will come that I'll witness someone roasting this parrot, But here we are!.