Soccer parents P2

Your POV

Gabi ran towards me, hugging my arm again. I give Miguel my address. "We'll see you there." I say. "See you soon!" Amelia says as we walk off.

Time skip

We get home to our huge fancy house with a front gate big flower garden and fountain. "Amelia be nice okay not everyone has a big house and fancy things like us so try not to brag okay. A lot of people don't have bounce houses or play grounds or arcades in their homes." I say. "Okay Mama but I can show her around right?" She asks. "Sure." I say and unlock the gate pulling into the big drive way. We get out and wait.

Miguel's POV

My eyes widened at the sight of the massive house. I could only imagine living in one like that. “Impresionante.” I mumbled to myself, I'm filled with awe. Gabi also noticed the impressive house. As soon as I park the car she's out of it.

Gabi held (Y/n)'s hand tight, she was too excited at the thought of seeing the house. “It’s so big!” She said, looking up at the house in amazement. "Okay let's go inside." (Y/n) says. We go inside of the big spacious house. I walked behind her, Gabi is pressing her head against her arm as she looked into the house.

She was too curious about the interior. She has a gorgeous house. I feel my heart fill with jealousy. Gabi's eyes went wide as she looked up at the ceiling. “(Y/n), your house is big.” She said with a hint of nervousness in her tone, she wasn’t quite used to such an enormous space.

"It is. I'm a surgeon that can do a lot of things and help a lot of people. I had to work and study really hard." She says. I feel the jealousy grow even more as I heard how she makes more money in comparison to me. I'm only a construction engineer, it wasn’t as hard of a job. Gabi kept glancing around the house, taking in the interior as if she were learning the layout. Even though it was a fancy house, the interior seemed welcoming and cozy.

“You must be proud of all the studying you did!” Gabi said. She looked at her to get her reaction. "I am. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you can become whatever you want." I say. Gabi giggled a bit as she said that. “I want to be a soccer player when I’m older. I want to play in the World Cup.” She said with an excited voice, she had a determined look on her face.

I feel a sting of jealousy as I hear the words. I had expected her to follow in my footsteps and become a construction engineer, so her answer caught me by surprise. I looked over at (Y/n) wondering if she’d feel the same way. "That's amazing you'll do great things. You're already off too a great start with the games you play with Amelia now. You'll be unstoppable." She says with a smile. Gabi smiled as she praised her, her face glowed even more as her happiness grew larger.

I feel the jealousy in my heart start to fade away, I feel a surge of determination fill me as she praised Gabi. I then walked a bit closer to (Y/n), feeling the urge to talk to her more. “You’re very wise.” I say, looking deeply into her eyes. “Could I ask you something?” I ask.

Your POV

"Sure, Amelia why don't you show Gabi around." I say. "Okay Mama!" She says excitedly. Amelia then led Gabi through the house, she made sure to show her every room. Even though Gabi wanted to stay by my side, Amelia knew I wanted alone time with Miguel. Gabi would periodically come back to me, wanting you to see the progress she’d been making around the house.

Miguel then turned towards me with a serious face. “Can I ask you something else?” He asked, wanting you to hear him. "Sure, what is it?" I ask. He took a few seconds, trying to find the courage to say the words. “Do you have any plans for tonight?” He asked, taking a deep breath.

“If you’re free, would it be okay if I took you out on a date?” He asks. I feel my face heat up a bit. He...He what?! Okay pull yourself together (Y/n). "Oh um sure that sounds nice. I can get my nanny for the girls. She use to watch me as a kid so I know all about her. she's super fun, very careful and she's licensed so she knows what she's doing." I say.

He smiles at my reply. “That sounds wonderful.” He says, hoping to hide the nervousness in his tone. “Do you have a preference for where we could eat dinner?” He asked, wanting everything to go right. "No as long as it's not sea food I'm allergic to shellfish." I say. He nodded, he understood.

His tone got a bit softer as he spoke, a hint of a smile formed on his face. “Perfect then, let’s see....would you mind if I took you to a restaurant?” He paused, he didn’t want to seem too pushy. “I know it may seem romantic but I know of a place with good pasta.” He said, wanting your opinion. “Or if you want we could get a pizza. That’s always a safe option.” He chuckled. "It's okay either are good. Do you want it to be romantic?" I ask.

I'm kind of hoping for a yes... okay maybe I really want this to be romantic. He remained quiet for a few seconds. Please say yes. “Yes.” He couldn’t help himself, he wanted this evening to be just as perfect as he imagined it. “I want…the night to be special and romantic.” He said with a nervous tone, his eyes remained locked on me.

“Would that be okay?” He added. "I'd like that very much." I say hoping I don't sound too excited. "Oh, but do you think Gabi would be okay with a nanny? I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. We always have to put the kids first." I say. He understood my concerns, he didn’t want me to feel as if he was taking priority over the kids. He took a few seconds to think about what he could say.

“We could take them with us, but we’d have to do it after her bedtime to not ruin her sleep schedule.” He said, his eyes remained locked on mine. "She could have a sleep over if she wants." I say. His eyes shone as he heard my reply, he couldn’t hold the joy he felt inside. “That would be the perfect solution!” He then lowered his tone a bit more, he wanted to keep speaking to me without being heard. “I-I really like spending time with you. I’ve been wanting to ask you out for a while now.” He says with a smile.

"I'm glad you finally asked." I say. He tried to hide his happiness as much as possible. “You are?” He asked, feeling the rush of excitement still fill him. “It’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you for a while, I just never had the courage to do so.” He said, trying to hide the blush that had formed on his cheeks.

TBC...