We never

Your POV

"So you mean to tell me we never fucked." I ask. "No we didn't you must have been dreaming because that never happened or your more than delusional than you think." He says. He's currently making a scene in front of all of our friends. Well I am. We've been friends with benefits for awhile now.

He says he's too busy to be in a dating relationship. I just go along with it because who wouldn't sleep with him if he offered. He denies his feelings. Any kind of feelings for me anywhere with anyone. At the moment we're at a roof top party.

I've gotten tired of it. He could at least say that maybe there is something there not act like it'd be the end of the world. I finish what's left of my soda. "My mistake then my dreams must be a bit too vivid and loud. I'm heading out." I say. I won't entertain the idea of making this worse than what it is in front of everyone.

He gives me a look and I don't react to it. It was a mix of confusion regret and upset. I jump off the side of the building and swing away. If it never happened it'll never happen. I was his source of unwinding and refreshing.

I took all of that tension stress and anger using my body. He never once complained. He begged, screamed, moaned for more. He melted at my slightest touch. He had to swallow and stop himself from drooling when I wore the skirt and top he liked yesterday.

He'll be pretty tense if he doesn't get what he needs. He can find someone new in seconds though. I'm not in the mood to find a relationship of any kind now. My phone goes off it's a text from him. I stand on the wall of a high building and look at the text.

Miguel: What was that?! 😡

Me: What was what?

Miguel: You know what, about us fucking.

Me: Sorry I really thought we fucked 😒. I had that dream a lot.

He doesn't type as fast this time. I lay down waiting for the three dots to stop.

Miguel: (Y/n) please, you know that I don't want anyone thinking I'm in a romantic relationship.

Me: There's nothing romantic about or relationship. We're just friends.

Miguel: What do you mean?

Me: We never fucked. We're just friends. We never kissed, cuddle, or snuggled. You were never in me and I was never on you.

I just know he's sighing and groaning right now.

Miguel: I'm sorry, what can I do to fix this?

Me: What's there to fix? If we've never been together there's nothing to be fix.

Miguel: Please...

I sigh. This relationship is not good for my mental healthy or body.

Me: I can't do this anymore. There are more reasons than just that. I know that you just want me for sex. Sure we're friends and the sex is amazing. I just need a break from all of this.

Miguel: So you need a break from me...

Me: I don't mean it to sound like that but yes. I just need some time to think. We can still be friends and hang out with everyone but I'm just gonna distance myself from everyone to think. To make it a little less obvious and be able to think clearly.

He's silent for a few minutes.

Miguel: Okay then. Hopefully I'll see you around...

Me: Maybe.

I put my phone in my pocket and lay my arms against the building and sigh. Things are going to get a bit rough. Especially with me distancing myself. Someone is bound to get curious and find me. I don't want to talk about it at all.

I get my phone out again and I'm getting a call from Gabriel. I really don't want to talk to him right now. I'd rather not bother him with how his brother denies that we're friends with benefits and all this mess. I fall off the wall and go back to my universe.

Time skip

There's a knock on my window. I look to it and it's Gabriel. I sigh and open it. "Where have you been it's been a month since the party." He says. "I've been here." I say.

"Don't act smart. Why haven't you been around us?" He ask. I let him in and he climbs through. "I just needed some space is all." I say and shut the window. "For a month?" He asks. "Yeah and if anything I still wouldn't be back." I say.

He sighs. "What's wrong? Is it about what happened at the party? Are you embarrassed about it? We all get embarrassed sometimes." He says. "It's a little bit about that but no there's more to it and I'd rather not explain it." I say and sit on the couch. "I think Miguel's a bit embarrassed too. He's been a real bitch lately. He hasn't stopped screaming and yelling at people since the day after the party." He says. "Do you want me to talk to him or something?" I ask.

"No I just came to check on you. I may have been stalking your social media for this whole month and you just went dark. I came here in hiding every now and then but you were doing your usual." He says. "I'm fine just working and thinking there's nothing to worry about." I say. "I need you back." He say. "Why?" I ask. "Because I miss you and I can't stop worrying about you." He says.

I just look down. "Please come back more often at least." He says. "Okay I'll try." I say. "Thank you." He says. "Do you wanna stay the night?" I ask. "I can if you want." He says. "I'll take that as a yes. I washed your clothes you know where they are." I say.

Time skip

I go through the portal and everyone greets me. We sit and talk for a bit then there's a shadow hovering over me. I look up and it's Miguel. "My office now." He says. I sigh.

"I'll be back in a few." I say to them. Once we get to his office it's a mess. More than usual that is. "Wanna tell me why you were gone for so long?" He asks. "No because it doesn't matter." I say.

"You can't just go for a month and come back like nothing happened. Then you just talk to every single person like it's just some ordinary day. You didn't even bother to come see me." He says. "Miguel." I say. "What?" He asks. "We're just friends. You wanted this friends with benefits no strings attached relationship with me. So it shouldn't matter if I'm gone for a month." I say. He looks away.

"That means you have no right to lash out and scream at people because you're tense, stressed, and horny." I say. His brows furrow. He silent for a moment then sighs. He puts his hands on his hips. "I wasn't tensed and stressed about work. It was all about you. Work has been fine but you I just didn't know what to do." He says.

"Huh it's my fault?" I ask. "No no I didn't mean it like that. I've just been thinking about you a lot. More than I usually do. I regret and hate how I treated you. How I treated what we were. I didn't want to admit that we were anything because I just didn't want to accept the fact that I was falling in love with you. I wanted us to be nothing more than friends with benefits because I fall hard. I get obsessed and vulnerable and I just don't want to go through that again. I tell myself to stop getting so attached but I just can't. I've been going crazy for a month. Worried about you, thinking about you, missing you. I lashed out because I was lost you. I've been spiraling because all I can do is just think of you." He says.

I'm a bit shocked. He sighs then leans back against his desk. "You...love me?" I ask. "I do and it took me losing you to actually admit that I'm completely in love with you." He says. I kiss him.

He hesitates then kisses me back. I wrap my arms around him. We're toxic together but that's okay. Maybe it'll be different. Even though we hurt each other in the end we still want to be with each other.

Well it is only sex but that's not the point. If we just want to have sex that's fine as long as he knows that my feeings actually matter.