Morally gray

Your POV

I sit on the couch of Peter's twitch room. He plays games when he's not saving New York and the multiverse. He even wears his suit while streaming. I wish he'd spend more time with me but it's whatever. I love him and the occasional sex isn't that bad.

His chat often asks about me while I'm in the room which is sad because they ask more about me than he does. I remember one time one guy was upset that he was playing video games while I was on the couch in my thigh highs also his merch tank top and leggings. They said "You have a goddess back there and you're playing video games? You should spend more time with her.". He said "She's fine she's happy right there. Technically we are spending time together.".

I mentally rolled my eyes at his answer. So now I'm just reading to get those urges handled. Although these are urges no man could or would be able to do. I read dark erotic romance books. I'd love to be chased, stalked, obsessed over. For a man to kill another man just because he looked at me funny. Currently I'm enjoying it very much, a little too much.

It's spicy 5 out of 5 stars spicy. My legs are squeezed tight and I just know I'm making a face. I can't help it though. This guy really knows what he's doing. Most morally gray men do it better. Definitely better than any average man could... More than any hero... too bad they hardly ever exist. If I could I'd be with a villian but somehow Peter amused me.

He'll probably end up breaking my heart for the greater good but I'll be fine. I drink my water even though I hate it. "Baby the chat wants to know what you're reading." He says. Water sprays from my mouth from the sentence. I choke and drink more water to stop. How do I tell him the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man that I'm reading a book about a bad guy that's currently fucking this girls brains out better than any hero ever could?! "It's a suspenseful romance book." I say and put the bookmark in the spot I'm at.

"What's it called?" He asks. Shit! The series is literally called Villains do it better! What in my mind said oh I should read this right now?! "It's called happily ever after." I say leaving out the rest which is with the villan. "Oh it has a happy ending but what's it ab-" I bolt out of the room before he can finish.

He never gets up from streaming unless it's to go to the bathroom. I get some different clothes on and put my shoes on. Then quickly and leave the house with my bag and book. I walk quickly to not seem suspicious. Running would definitely make me stick out if he did try to find me.

I try to find a spot I've never been to. I bump into someone. "Sorry." I say. "Hey you're (Y/n) right? You were just on Spider-man's stream?" He asks. I look up and this is one attractive man.

I sigh realizing I've been caught by a fan. "I am." I say. He chuckles. "Don't worry I won't say anything or ask for any autographs." He says. "Really?" I ask.

"Yes I could tell you definitely didn't want him knowing what you were reading. I can also tell that he annoys you most of the time with his lack of attention." He says. He looks down noticing my book. He tries to hide his laugh. I look away blushing. "I'm sorry." He says turning his face away.

He breathes out collecting himself. "Well you weren't completely lying to your hero boyfriend." He says. "I didn't realize where and the time I was reading it. I also didn't want the world to know that spiderman's girlfriend is reading a villian romance book." I say. "Understandable. Mind if I walk with you. You're going somewhere that if he does find you he won't be able to make much of a scene right?" He asks. I hate to admit this but

"Yes." I say. "Come on I know a good spot. I think you'll like it." He says turning me the way he's going.

Time skip

He takes me to a italian cafe that also has a bookstore. An odd mix but I absolutely love it. My face lights up. "I'm guessing you've never been here?" He asks walking in with a soft smile. "No I can't believe I've never noticed this place." I say. "They have great Italian food here I'm getting something to eat. Maybe you'd like it. Happy hour is in like 10 minutes so all drinks are half off." He asks. "Yeah I could go for something that isn't a burger or pizza. I didn't know they had Italian around here other than Mario's Pizza." I say.

He chuckles and I look at the shelves. "Do you eat that much pizza and burgers?" He asks. "With Peter absolutely. There aren't much options around here. So I don't really even see a point of going out to eat." I say. "True. So I'm guessing you know how to cook?" He asks. "I do. I like to have a variety of flavors and foods not just burgers, pizza and hot dogs." I say.

"I'm sure you just have to look around more you could find hidden gems like this." He says and comes up to me. "You'd be shocked at what's hiding in plain sight." He says. He turns me around revealing an entire bookcase that have dark shades of books. I look at the spines they're all titles of dark romances that are practically impossible to find because they're so popular. "How did you?" I ask.

"I figured you'd be into the more darker books. You have a hero boyfriend meaning there are certain things he can't provide. You seem like a woman with wants that are hard to fulfill. Plus I've noticed how you look at the darker shades of books on the couch when Peter streams. So I thought maybe you'd like this section." He says. "I do. I'm surprised someone was so focused on me." I say. "Well Peter can get a bit boring and quiet sometimes when he needs to focus. Plus your reactions are interesting." He says. "You don't seem like the type to watch Peter's channel. What caught your attention with him?" I ask. "My younger coworkers are fascinated with him. They watch him on their breaks. He's a bit funny especially how he rants and then completely switches to something unrelated. I watch him to try to understand the younger coworkers. It's odd because he's maybe two or three years older." He says.

I laugh. "He does do that often. I guess because he has that friendly happy spirit. He does seem to be favored by all. Mask or no mask." I say. I pick two books that I want to buy. He looks at his watch. "Happy hour has started. The good thing is you can get your books then pay for them with your meal." He says.

"That's nice." I say. We sit at a both. I get the fettuccine and he gets a new York strip with potatoes. "So what is it that you do? You said you have younger coworkers." I ask. "I'm one of the board of directors at Alchemax." He says.

"That sounds tough." I say. He chuckles. "You get the hang of it. What do you do?" He asks. "I'm a botanist." I say. "I couldn't keep a plant alive to save my life." He says. "That's okay not everyone is good with plants." I say.

Time skip

"The food was amazing. I'll definitely come back for the books too." I say. The waiter comes over to hand us the check. I get my purse. Miguel takes my books and hands him his credit card. The waiter takes the books. I go to protest. "It's fine I'm paying. Consider it an apology for laughing at your choice of reading. Also as an apology for the question I'm about to ask." He says. "Okay?" I say. "What attracted you to Peter?" He asks.

TBC...