Chapter 11

Lauren got out of her car at the grocery store. She usually ordered it to be delivered but had forgotten this week. So decided to go pick up a few bits herself. It had been an emotional week dealing with a relationship and getting back in contact with her parents. Well, mostly her father, she wasn't interested in a relationship with her mother. She might be the only person to believe, but she just knew her mother had a hand in Tyrone's death. Hopefully, her mother would keep her word now. She was an adult and stayed out of her personal life.

She could no longer hide it from herself; she did have real feelings for Camila. The way she had worked her way into Lauren's life to the point she couldn't imagine being without her now. Camila was such a genuinely good person and would still be there for her even if they weren't a couple. This meant a lot to Lauren she had never met a person like Camila before so caring.

Lauren thought she was seeing things at first when she walked through the doors of the store. There were a woman and a child on the floor, and she looked a lot like Camila. Their shopping was spilt out on the floor. Lauren rushed up to the couple on the floor "Camila is that you?" she shouted as she got closer she realised it was Camila.

Camila looked up her face was red and tear-stained as she struggled to hold on to a very distressed Henry. Camila started talking a quickly "Sorry he is not usually like this. I forgot his ear defenders. He doesn't cope well in supermarkets it's all the noise and people."

Lauren bent down and collected up the shopping, putting it back in the bags. "What can I do? What do you need?" Lauren asked.

Camila tried to smile "I need to get him back to the car where it's quiet I just need to calm him a little first so that I can pick him up." Camila looked around at the people stood around watching them, and fresh tears fell from her eyes.

Lauren noticed Camila looking "Never mind them you concentrate on Henry, they're just incredibly rude" raising her voice with the last bit. "Move along before I give you something to stare at" Lauren shouted. Most walked away, the odd one stayed mumbling, and tutting Lauren felt like saying something but didn't want to make things worse for Camila. Then she remembered something Camila had told her before. "Camz you said he liked music like you what's his favorite song?"

Camila looked confused for a moment "Its a song from his favorite cartoon The Night Begins To Shine by B.E.R" Camila said as Henry attempted to pull at his hair. His face red and his arms and legs flailing everywhere. Lauren pulled her phone out her pocket immediately bringing up a music app. She typed in the song and clicked play on the song handing it to Camila.

A few seconds into the song, Henry started to take notice of the music. His arms and legs slowed down enough for Camila to get up safely. She looked around at the shopping and Lauren touched her arm. "I'll get that you look after Henry" she assured Camila picking up the bags and following Camila. Lauren smiled as she listened to Camila singing the words of the song to Henry calming him down further as they walked out into the car park.

Lauren put Camila's shopping into the boot of her car while Camila settled Henry in the car. She closed the boot as quietly as she could. She walked round to the side of the car and Camila climbed out of the back seat and carefully shut the door. She handed Lauren her phone back "A meltdown always takes it out of him he will sleep for a while now" Camila said looking exhausted herself. She leant back against the car "So that's Henry, you can say you have met him now. I'm sorry I should have mentioned he has Autism, I just never know how anyone will react to that. Some people don't make a big deal of it like Dinah and others run a mile, and you never hear from them again" Camila sighed.

"I hope you don't think I would be in the latter group, Camz," she said, taking Camila's hand.

Camila pulled her closer, and Lauren wrapped her arms around Camila as she leant her head against Lauren's shoulder. "I hoped you wouldn't, and glad you aren't," Camila said.