Chapter 21

Camila woke up, and she wasn't quite sure where she was or who she was. She tried to open her eyes, but it was a struggle. Her head was aching like workmen were drilling in it. She managed to open an eye there was a cold, smooth surface against her cheek. She peeled her face off whatever it she was laid on and looked around her slowly. Apparently, she had fallen asleep, sat up, hugging the toilet.

She got on all fours and crawled into the bedroom not sure if she was capable of walking yet. Lauren was face down on the bed still in the clothes from last night. Damn how much had they drank "Lauren, are you awake?" Camila said.

"No" came a muffled voice from the bed. She pushed Lauren's leg out the way and climbed up next to her on the bed laying in the fetal position. "Your phone has been going off do something about it before I launch it out the window."

Camila suddenly panicked what if it was Henry and grabbed her phone. She sighed in relief when it was just Dinah, flopping back against the bed. Camila suddenly remembered last night and looked down at her hand. Lauren had proposed! Her fingers ran over the beautiful ring. It was 18k white gold with a diamond set in the middle surrounded by smaller diamonds; it was most likely the most expensive thing she had ever owned.

She ran her fingers through Lauren's hair "This ring is amazing the future Mrs Cabello-Jauregui" Camila whispered.

"You deserve everything, Camz," Lauren said turning to face her.

Something popped into Camila's head, and she got off the bed "I'm going to shower I need to pop out real quick I left something at work" Camila said finding her energy all of a sudden.

"Can't it wait till tomorrow we have to be at Granny's after lunch to show her the ring and meet Henry and Shawn I thought we were having a chilled out morning" Lauren moaned.

"It's important some papers I forgot to sign I will be back in plenty of time for Granny's" she shouted from the bathroom. "Can I borrow your car, mine is still in the garage I will pick you up, and we can go to Granny's together."

"I guess so I would rather spend the morning with my fiancee, but if it's work," Lauren said disappointed.

"I will make it up to you I promise babe," she said, switching on the shower.

Camila had been walking around for a couple of hours now trying to find the right one. This was the last shop to look in a small jeweller, and that's when she saw it the perfect ring for Lauren. She knew she didn't have to, but she wanted Lauren to know how special she was to her. It was a nineteen twenties art deco ring it was so Lauren classy and beautiful.

She looked at the price and gulped it was the ring or fixing the bug she couldn't afford both. Damn the bug would have to stay in the garage a bit longer this ring was to perfect to pass up. She would have to get lifts from Lauren or catch the bus. She knew Lauren would tell her not to bother, and that was precisely why she stepped through the door of the Jewellers.

Camila arrived at her second destination, Lauren's parent's house. This was the first time she had been here without Lauren. She pulled down the mirror and looked at herself. She still looked hungover, but she was running out of time to get this done and finding the ring had taken longer than she first thought.

She would have to do, and she got out of the car and walked up to the door. She rang the bell and waited, the same maid from last time, so she recognised her. "Are Mr and Mrs Jauregui expecting you?" asked the maid.

Camila was about to answer when Mike walked past behind the maid "Oh Camila come in, no Lauren?" he said.

Camila walked in the house "No, there was something I wanted to ask you and Clara if that's ok?" Camila said as she tried to calm her nerves.