Chapter 14

Camila opened the door to Shawn. He was bringing Henry back. As soon as Henry was in the house, she nodded and started to close the door. She was sticking to polite for now after how he had been before she went away. He grabbed the door before she closed it, "What" she asked with an attitude.

"I want to meet Lauren, I have a right to she is spending time with my son," he said, leaning against the doorframe. It ran through her head to just shut the door in his face but decided against it.

"Well, for one thing, he is our son, and why do you want to do this, what is it going to accomplish?" Camila sighed. "Dinah spends a lot of time with Henry, and you don't want to meet her!"

"Dinah is just a friend it's a little different Camila, Henry seems to like her, in fact, he hasn't stopped talking about her so I want to meet her" Shawn replied.

Camila pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed "Fine I will ask her I'm not saying yes. And before you start hatching any plans she knows how you feel about me I tell her everything. Keep it about Henry and everything will be fine!"

Shawn held his hands up "That's all it's about I promise" Shawn assured.

"I will talk to her and let you know, now if that's it I would like to go spend time with our son!" as she shut the door on him. Great, she couldn't wait for this, and she wasn't sure Lauren would go for it either.

Lauren's nose turned up as they walked into the small bar. "I still don't see why we couldn't just have a drink in the club," Lauren said. She looked down, making sure her expensive shoes weren't standing in anything nasty.

"Because you two work there it's hardly a night out, Lo" Camila replied. "Roughing it for one night won't hurt you." Camila stroked her hand as she followed the other two into the bar. They had decided to have their double date in 'The Rabbit Hole' a bar close to where Camila and Dinah lived. Of course, Camila would much prefer Lauren's club but then like she said it would hardly be a night off for Lauren or Normani.

"We will grab the drinks, you two find some seats," Dinah said raising her voice to be heard. She took Normani's hand and dragged her off towards the bar. Camila smiled and led Lauren through the crowd. Camila sat in the nearest booth. It was reasonably busy, and she didn't fancy standing all night. She shuffled along the seat, Lauren brushed off the chair with her hand while tentatively sitting down near Camila.

"Before those two get back I need to speak to you about something," Camila said. Lauren gestured for her to continue. She leant closer as the music was quite loud and she didn't want to have to repeat herself. "Shawn has asked to meet you. It's totally up to you, you don't have to."

"Sure that's fine it might have to be a quick chat during in my lunch hour, I will let you sort the details out and let me know" Lauren replied. Camila felt shocked it had gone that easy she expected some kind of adverse reaction from Lauren. Lauren noticed the surprise on her face "Look you and Henry are important to me I want to do everything right, and if it means reassuring Shawn, I'm not some crazy woman then fine."

Camila took hold of her cheeks "God you are an amazing woman" Camila said as she moved closer gently kissing Lauren on the lips. "Are you sure you're ok with the speed everything is going at, you need to talk to me if you aren't."

"The last couple of weeks everything seems to have clicked into place, and honestly I'm just enjoying the ride with you," Lauren said. Camila smiled, and her hand went to the back of Lauren's neck and guided her closer as their lips met again.

Suddenly Normani's face appeared next to theirs "aww do we need a hose?" she whispered. Camila's hand came up, and she had her middle finger up at Normani as she smiled against Lauren's lips. "Your wife is very rude Laur." and they both laughed. They separated as Dinah put a tray of shots down and shuffled along the seat to sit the other side of Camila. "So how was the big trip then?"

Come dance for meOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara