Chapter 23

Lauren walked into work and Normani was waiting for her. "Hey Lauren, a woman is waiting for you in your office," Normani said.

"Who is she? I haven't got any meetings today. I need to get off on time I have Henry to pick up later, that's why I kept my diary clear," Lauren said.

"I don't know she wouldn't give her name just said she needed to see you" Normani replied.

"What and you left her alone in my office if she robs me blind its on you Mani," Lauren said as she hurried off down the corridor. "Next time tell them to come back later."

She opened the door to her office and sat in the chair was a small, slim woman. The woman turned as Lauren entered. "Hello Lauren Jauregui and you are?" she said as she placed her briefcase on the desk.

"Hi, Sinuhe Estrabao," said the woman holding out her hand. Lauren shook it and sat down at her desk. She flicked through her datebook to see if she had booked something and forgotten about it. No, the date was empty for today.

"I'm sorry but should I know who you are I haven't got a lot of time today I have my son to pick up and a lot of paperwork to do" Lauren asked.

"Sorry I won't keep you long I saw an article in the newspaper that you're going to be marrying my daughter Camila Cabello!" Lauren just stared at her, and her blood ran cold. This was Camila's so-called mother sat in front of her.

Lauren composed herself "Why now? You have never bothered before, and I can tell you now she won't want to see you" Lauren stated. Lauren couldn't believe the audacity of the woman just turning up here after all this time and wondered about her motives.

"Please, could you just ask her if she wants to see me? I want to explain why I gave her up and haven't seen her in all this time" Sinuhe said. "I had to come here because I lost track of where she was a few years ago and just happened to see the article in the newspaper."

"Right sit there, and I will call her, but I can tell you now she won't want to see you" Lauren insisted. She got up and left the office. She walked down the hallway "Mani, hey Mani, come here a minute!" Normani walked up to her as she got to the bar area. "Go to my office and keep an eye on that woman till I get back I need to make a call please."

"Why who is she?" Normani asked noticing the concerned look on Lauren's face.

"I can't say just now I need to contact Camila first," she said, sitting on one of the bar stools and pulling out her mobile.

"What's Camila got to do with it?" Normani questioned.

Lauren laid her head to one side "Mani, can you please do as I ask I will explain later."

Normani held her hands up "Fine ok, I will go now!" and she walked off towards Lauren's office.

"Guys can you give me a minute please" talking to the two barmen setting up for tonight. They nodded and went out back. She looked down at her phone she would have to get Camila to come down here she could hardly tell her something like this over the phone. She tapped in Camila's number and waited while she picked up.

After a couple of rings, Camila picked up "Hey babe everything ok?" she asked.

"Yeah but I need you to come down to the club please as soon as possible," Lauren said trying to keep her voice sounding calm so as not to panic Camila.

Not that it worked "Why babe are you ok, are you feeling ill" Camila asked.

"Camz, please I don't want to discuss it over the phone can you just come down here" Lauren sighed this was a nightmare damn her mother and that article.