14|MILF V(Part 01)

Hyunbin's parents leave on the 14th for a week-long trip to the West. The reasonable course of action would've been to hand Hyunbin the keys to their home since he is a fully-functioning adult, after all.

If the situation was normal, that is.

Though, hardly anything about the situation would be normal. Something Hyunbin learns about the hard way.

SKY Group of Universities had issued a week-long break for the students amidst the panic of rising cases and whatnot which leaves Hyunbin... homeless. He'd arrived home after catching the 10:15 train and landed straight to a locked door.

"Eomma," he whines now as he pressed his phone close to his ear, shouldering the duffel bag slung over his back. "What do you mean you won't be home till the 28th? Where will I stay?"

"Honey," his mother sighs on the other end of the line. "I can wire you some money, you can catch a train to Geochang and stay with your grandparents?"

"Ugh," he whines again. "That's such a hassle, mom. Isn't there an easier solution?"

"Well," his mother takes a hushed pause and then, audibly perks up. "You can always stay at Jeongguk's house! I'm sure Kim Taehee-ssi won't mind!"

🌼

Kim Taehee lived two blocks down Lee Hyunbin's home. When Hyunbin first got a good look at her, he'd been surprised that someone so young could have a kid that was Hyunbin's age; she didn't look a day older than 30 and then, through all the gossip sources, he'd found out that she'd married Jeongguk's father.

As for Jeongguk...

Hyunbin had seen Jeongguk around Yonsei but they'd never really interacted beyond the occasional nod of acknowledgement in the corridor. Besides, Jeongguk was in a different social tier altogether. He was popular— good-looking, well-liked, admired by many. Hyunbin... He'd always been a bit of an oddball— silent, introverted, shy. He liked keeping to himself.

For the second time in that day, he stands outside a door. It felt unfamiliar to him, this house, but his mother had told him she'd had a word with Taehee-ssi and informed her of the situation. So, he takes a necessary lungful of air before he reaches out and presses the doorbell.

"Hi," he mumbles, stuttering out his greeting when someone opens the door. "I'm Lee Hyunbin! My mother, Lee Soyeon, said she'd had a word with you!"

"Hello," comes a voice and his gaze snaps up. Kim Taehee. She has a yellow apron wrapped snugly around her waist and her long hair curls over shoulderblades. She's got a small, welcoming smile on her face. Lee Hyunbin had no idea she was this beautiful. "Welcome to our home, Hyunbin-ah."

🌼

"How are things going, Hyunbin-ie? Are you settled? Are you feeling fine?"

Hyunbin swallows.

"Yes, mom," he lies. "All fine."

🌼

The first sign Hyunbin knew something was wrong with Jeongguk and Taehee's relationship with each other was when he'd been greeted, brought inside, served some Jasmine tea and Taehee had told him that Jeongguk was just stepping out of the shower and would be able to greet him properly soon.

Jeongguk had come out, a few minutes later, with a simple towel wrapped around his waist and he'd said— "Hey, man."

That's all. That was it.

Then, he'd proceeded to give his mother a hug from behind, hands settling intimately on her waist as he'd pecked the back of her neck.

Weird... But maybe they were close, Hyunbin had reasoned.