The Kai Of Time & The Time Patrol

3rd POV

Midnight eyes slowly fluttered open. He stared at the ceiling for a while before he felt some shuffling in the bed. The weight of someone layed on top of him. He looked down to see Nira sleeping on him comfortably. She looked kinda cute too him without the usually scowl she has. The memories of the battle last night came into his mind. The battle... Hikari's death... Him losing control it all came back to him. He gazed down at his arms as the were wrapped around Nira. His mind replaced Nira with the image of a dying Hikari.

Midnight: Hikari...

Midnight was deep in thought about it brother. He couldn't help but think it was his fault. If only he didn't hear captured... if only he broke it off the seal faster... He kept thinking of the possibilities until a hand lightly hit his chest. He snapped out of thought and looked down to see Nira staring up at him.

Nira: For one of the strongest beings on the planet you sure worry a lot.

Midnight: I'm just thinking...

Nira sighs and sits up. This causes her to straddle Midnight's waist. She looks down at him.

Nira: About last night right?

Midnight: Yeah...

Nira: Which part?

Midnight: Just... All of it...

Nira softly slaps Midnight not full strength but still enough for it to sting. Midnight head moves to the left due to the slap. He looks back at her.

Midnight: Wha-

Nira: Don't just... Don't...

Midnight: But-

Nira: I said don't... Don't talk, don't think about it... Just listen...

Midnight: Alright...

Nira: Let me ask you this. Are you at full power?

Midnight: No...

Nira: Can you use you future vision to the max?

Midnight: No...

Nira: And lastly did you kill Hikari?

Midnight: Of course not you know that...

Nira: Then stop giving sulking! You had no idea that was gonna happen. You had no clue that Asugi would trap you. No idea you're rage would explode like that! You did nothing fucking wrong!

Midnight: But I-

Nira: I said no talking...

She cups his face squeezing his cheeks with one hand. She glares at him, Midnight actually blushed from this as he's never had a woman be like this with him. He looked at her a little surprised.

 He looked at her a little surprised

Nira: Now repeat what I said.

Midnight: No talking until you're finished or you ask me something...

Nira: Good boy... Now listen to me closely. It. Wasn't. You're. Fault.