Chapter 1: Peaceful Life

It started as a normal day for Noah. He woke up with the warmth of his mate's strong arms around him. He turned up to glance at the alpha, who had spooned him from behind. Alpha had a strong jawline and a sharp nose. His light brown hair spread on the pillow like a bird's nest. As he took a look at his alpha, a smile danced on his lips. He cannot believe he was that lucky to have this handsome alpha for himself.

A soft sandalwood and fire scent wrapped around him like a safe blanket. It was really hard for Noah to get up and leave the warmth of his mate and nest. But no matter how much he wanted to stay in his warm nest, he had to start the day.

He carefully slid the blanket around him, trying to sit up without waking the sleeping alpha.

"Don't leave."

A soft whine left alpha's mouth as he tried to move. Alpha tightened the hold around his waist, nuzzling his neck, where the mate mark was displayed proudly. A warm sandalwood scent enveloped him, lulling him back into his mate's arms. But he really had to get up.

"It's already morning. I have to get up."

Noah tried to coax the alpha, as he usually did.

"Five more minutes."

Brown-haired pouted, rubbing his nose along his scent gland, running a shiver through his body.

"You're worse than your children."

Noah sighed with amusement at his mate's antics. He couldn't believe how he had dealt with this for the past eight years. A soft smile played on his lips as he turned up in his mate's arms and nuzzled into his neck.

Alpha rumbled as a soft aroma of various blooms dipping with honey and vanilla washed over him. The tones of jasmine, lilac, moonflower, honeysuckle, gardenia, freesia, lily of the valley, laurel, sweet alyssum, magnolia, and baby breath with other various white flowers wrapped around him lulling him back into sleep. It was like he was sleeping in the middle of a dew-touched garden filled with white blossoms.

Noah laid on his mate's arms for another few minutes to make sure he didn't wake up this time before slowly moving out of his arms, replacing his space with his pillow, which smelled like him.

He adjusted the blankets around his husband and brushed the brown strands away from his face. His husband's face was calm, but there was an adorable pout on his sleeping face like a little child. When he slept so peacefully like that, no one could tell this was the powerful werewolf king of the entire supernatural world.

Noah carefully left the bedroom without waking Alpha. He knew his mate had been tired due to current problems within other species. Last night, he also had to work late. So, he wanted to let his mate get some additional sleep.

Noah went to the kitchen, tightening his long silver-colored hair into a ponytail, to prepare breakfast for his family. After several minutes, there were steaming eggs on the stove as he prepared bread with butter and jams.

It had been eight years since Noah was married to Jace Howarthhorn, the alpha of the Midnight Pack and the king of all supernaturals in the mortal realm. Those eight years had been the happiest days of his entire life. Noah didn't think he was able to find happiness with alpha when his parents brought up the marriage proposal. He still clearly remembered the day he first saw his mate.

***

Noah was nervous.

Who wasn't nervous when you were going to meet your future husband.

Especially when your fiancé was a complete stranger and the most powerful alpha on Earth. The King of Supernaturals. And Noah was just an angel. There wasn't anything special about him other than his good looks.