Chapter 2: Panic

Noah didn't see it was coming. He really never hoped to hear that thing again in his life.

They were in the living room. The twins, Owen and Esmin, were already in bed. Normally, Kayden should also be in bed at this time but today he had training with Jace. So, he had to finish his homework now. Noah was sitting at the low table in the living room, helping Kayden with his math homework, while Jace and Levi sat on the couch, cutting some fruits.

They all talked about random things while Kayden finished homework with Noah.

They moved from all topics, from the upcoming football match at Levi's school and his training with Yoongi as the heir of the commander of Midnight Warriors to Kayden's training. Noah went back to the kitchen to prepare some tea and hot chocolate for them before bed while half paying attention to what was going on in the living room.

Noah knew there were new disturbances occurring within the supernatural world, and Levi was helping Jace with them along with Jace's council. Kayden was so very eager to learn about these things because he had a lot of pent-up energy to get involved with all this. But Jace wanted Kayden to be more trained before getting involved with this situation, and Noah also agreed with him. He didn't want to put his baby boy in any dangerous situations, no matter how powerful he was.

"Oh... I forgot to say something."

Jace exclaimed suddenly. He couldn't believe he had forgotten to tell them this. He had been looking forward to this whole day, but with Kaydan's training, it had slipped from his mind.

"What is dad?"

Levi paid more attention from the book he had been reading, while Kayden also looked up from his math book.

"We are going to have a visitor."

Jace said. His voice was loud enough to be heard from the kitchen counter.

"Visitor, who is that?"

Levi questioned his curiosity.

"Not just a visitor." Jace replied. "He is coming to form an alliance. He oversees this disturbance going on. So, he offered to come visit our pack. And I thought you all would be very interested in him."

"Why we would be interested? Is that someone we know?"

Levi couldn't think about who that might be.

"You have heard about him. There were lots of stories about him. He is not often coming to the mortal realm."

Jace said with a glint in his eyes. He knew his family was going to love this guest.

"Mortal realm. Was he not from here?"

Levi questioned.

"Is he an angel?"

Kayden suddenly picked up on his father's hint. Levi also gasped at the sudden realization. They had rarely met any angels in the mortal realm. Besides their mother, Noah, they never met an angel. Kayden was really excited to meet with an angel, being himself a half-angel.

"Yeah, he is an angel."

Jace confirmed. He knew his children were really excited to meet another angel other than his mate. This could be a great chance for them to get to know more about their kind. And he hoped Noah would also prefer to interact with his own kind.

"Really." Kayden squealed with happiness. He didn't know how his dad forgot to mention this great news until now. This was the greatest thing that happened to him all day.

"Who is he?" Levi was also eager to find out.

Jace was no longer able to hold on to this exciting news. So, he dropped the bomb.