Chapter 8: Invitation

The next few days flowed as Noah was busy with his duties as Queen. He was finally able to interview the applications sent by Mina and choose his new temporary assistant, Jane Meyer.

Jane was a beta girl who graduated with a degree in management and experience in this field. She seemed like a well-organized, sweet girl, so Noah didn't hesitate to hire her.

"Sir, you got several emails, and there are several invitations among them."

Jane informed him as he entered his office.

His office was located on one of the higher floors, the same floor as Jace's. It was designed according to his taste with cozy and pastel colors. There was a large table in the middle of the room with a laptop, phone, and other papers Noah needed to go through the day. And there was a cozy sofa set in the corner of the room adorned with plush cushions and several soft blankets in case Noah needed some rest. There was also a mini bar counter area with drinks, cups, and glasses.

The best thing about his office was the large window dominated one wall that was greeted by the breathtaking view of the garden around the castle as well as the town. The window was grand and arch-shaped, giving the room a touch of grandeur. It was embellished with delicate curtains in complementary pastel hues, allowing him to control the amount of sunlight that filled the room while adding an extra layer of charm.

On the windowsill, there were beautiful jasmine, lilac, freesia, lily, and several other flowerpots infusing the room with a delightful and soothing fragrance mixing with Noah's own scent. The white blooms, cascading gracefully from the pots added more beauty to the atmosphere.

"Invitations, what are they?"

Noah wasn't surprised to receive invitations, but what he was curious about was what they were.

"Here."

Jane pointed to several cards lying on top of his table. Noah sat on the chair at the desk, took the cards, and started to look through them. There were several invitations for openings, exhibitions, and other functions. Noah knew he couldn't attend on all these occasions, so he asked Jane to politely reject them and offered to send someone instead of him.

But except one.

Noah started with a purple card in his hand.

Then the phone on his desk rang, startling him.

"Yes." He answered the phone, still with eyes on the golden printed letters.

"Noah, did you receive an invitation for the Annual Crystal Gala?"

Nathen's voice came from the other side.

"I'm just starting at it."

"Shit. Wait, I'm coming."

Then the line was disconnected.

Noah stared at the card in his hands with a frown on his face.

Then there was a knock on his door, and the door opened, revealing Nathen.

"You are fast." Noah commented with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't start with me." Nathen groaned, smoothing down his hair. "Where is it?"

Noah handed him a card.

Nathen's frown deepened as he read the card. And Noah had a good idea about why his friend had been so worked up about a little invitation. Actually, Noah himself wasn't expecting this.

The Annual Crystal Gala was held every year as a charity event with the participation of Lunas from all the wolf packs around the country. It was a huge event because all the Lunas of packs came together, so it usually got lots of public attention. As the queen of supernaturals as well as Luna of the world's largest pack, Noah should attend this event.