Chapter 3: Worries

The next day, Jace woke up before Noah and let his mate sleep in. He wanted to cancel all the appointments he had today, but he had a few emergency cases to deal with. But he also didn't want to leave his mate alone, especially after the last night scene. His wolf was also on edge, and he was afraid to repeat that once again. So, he did the best thing he could do. He called his omega best friend.

"Hello, what kind of honor I have to hear from you so early this morning."

Other omega's cherry voice flew through the phone.

"Hello, Taehyun." Jace let out a sigh, taking out bread, butter, and jam to make a quick breakfast. "Do you have to do anything special today?"

"Not anything special. I have to do some paperwork. But why do you need anything? Is everything okay?"

Finally, the wolf-warlock hybrid seemed to catch up with alpha's sour tone.

"Can you stay with Petal today?" Jace didn't beat the brush around.

"Is everything okay? Is Chim okay?" Jace could hear the panic in Taehyun's voice.

"Don't worry. Petal is okay." Jace answered by spreading butter on the bread. "He just had a bad day yesterday. And I don't want to leave him alone. So, I hope can you..."

"Of course, I can." Cheerily, omega jumped without letting Jace finish the sentence. "I will take care Chim like a baby. Don't worry. And I will get to spend my day with my babies. Oh god, I will see you in a few."

Jace shook his head fondly while listening to the other's rant. Taehyun was one of Jace's best friends when he was young. Jace, Rayan, Nathen, Colin, Yoongi, and Taehyung had grown up together since they were young. But when Jace married Noah, those two instantly clicked off, declaring they were now best friends. Even though Jace pretended he was hurt by the abandoning of his best friend, he was glad his mate had someone who was supportive by his side.

So, Taehyun was a good choice to keep company with Noah today.

"Good morning, Dad."

A voice greeted him, bringing him back from thoughts. He turned to face Levi, who was already dressed for school.

"Good morning, Levi."

"How is Mom?"

Levi asked, helping Jace finish other toasts.

"He seems tired, so I didn't want to wake him up."

Jace quickly prepared lunch boxes for the kids.

"Levi, can you wake Kayden and help him get ready?" Jace wiped his hands on the kitchen towel. "I will get ready, twins."

"Of course, Dad." Levi asked, leaving the kitchen. "What about Owi and Mini?"

"Taehyun said he would come." Jace replied. "So, let them sleep for now."

It wouldn't take much time for four children and their father to gather around for breakfast.

"Where is Mama?"

Azelia was eating her toast. She seemed to be upset because her father didn't put the hairstyle she had wanted.

"He is still sleeping." Jace answered. "Let him rest for today. He had been tired lately."

It wasn't a lie. Due to the recent disturbances and attacks, the hospital was filled with patients. So, Noah had to work extra shifts at the same time handling the duties of queen and Luna. So, he had been really tired the past few days.

All the children knew this, and so they all agreed their mother needed more rest. Levi had already told Kayden about Noah's condition, so he also didn't question anything.