Chapter 13: Welcome Feast

The room was silent, accepting heavy breathing. It couldn't be. Couldn't.

Two angels sat on opposite ends of the table and stared at each other. Cerulean orbs bored to the molten golden ones, trying to figure out what was going on in the other's mind. Whatever it was, it could be the same thing since both of them just said the same thing.

"No way? Demons?"

Alliana was the first one to break the silence. Her eyes widened, and her face was filled with different emotions. Surprise, disbelief, worry, and fear. Others around the table weren't different. All of them couldn't believe what they had heard.

"If the Mortal and Angel Relam both destroy, the only one that could get benefits is daemons."

Jace completed his mate's thoughts. How could he not have considered that possibility before? Well, he didn't think this attack would evolve into such a big thing.

"But demons?" Maro still couldn't believe this. "Isn't the underworld sealed after the last war?"

"Yes, my father sealed it after the last war."

Percival confirmed with furrow.

Jace felt his mate shudder suddenly, but when he looked at him, he seemed okay. Well, it can be okay in this situation. Noah's fingers tightened around Jace's, and he was biting his lower lip. His eyebrows were knitted, and it seemed omega was thinking so hard.

But before he could voice his concern, Percival continued what he was saying.

"But it was many years ago. We don't know if the seal is still there. and there could be other ways to come out of the underworld."

"We don't know what was going on, surely." Jace let out a sigh. This was getting messier with time. "So, we can only now check about all the possibilities until we find clear confirmation."

"Jace is right." Noah agreed. "We should look for both original hunters and demons."

"Maro, you take some warriors and go check the seal of the underworld in Angel Realm." Percival instructed. Alliana, you take care of entrance into the mortal realm."

"I can join you with my warriors also." Yoongi offered.

"It will be great help Lord Yoongi." Alliana smiled at the commander of Midnight Warriors.

"Yoongi, Kara, increase the security of all entrances and public places." Jace instructed. "We couldn't risk another attack."

"Okay, Jace."

"Colin, interrogate Diana and those who help organize the ball." Noah added. "We need to find out who put drugs in drinks."

"Question everyone who is involved and find out who drugged Petal" Jace ordered in a stern voice. "It must be a guest of the gala."

"Yes, my king, my queen."

The meeting continued as Jace, Noah, and Percival assigned tasks for their next steps. Nathen and Rachel were going to look for any traces of the original hunters, while Taehyun and Ryan were going to care about omega trades and hunter matters. Yoongi and Alliana were going to check about the underworld entrance in the mortal realm, while Maro and Kad were going to check about the angel's realm. Kara and Alice were going to increase all the security so they could avoid another attack.

"Since that is all, let's end the meeting from here." After finalizing everything, Jace declared: "Welcome everyone to the welcome feast of Prince Percival and the Warriors."

It was a good thing Noah had been organized before. Otherwise, he wasn't going to be able to organize it while staying in bed. If they didn't welcome them properly, they were the ones going to lose their face.