Chapter 10: Aftermath

It was underestimated to say Jace was livid. He was angry and burning. And underneath, he was worried and scared. He was worried about what was happening. About his mate and son. And he was blaming himself that he couldn't be there to protect his mate. He shouldn't have let him go that stupidly. No matter what it looked like, he should have canceled it.

But he wasn't, and now he was facing the consequences.

When Yoongi mind linked him, saying there was an attack on the gala, he was angry.

When Noah's mind linked him asking help, he was scared.

And when he felt Noah's pain through their mating bond, he was terrified.

He knew Noah was a good fighter and could defend himself. Hell, he personally had been spared with his mate and knew how much Noah was capable. But it didn't decrease the worry he had felt.

On the other hand, he knew how ruthless these attackers could be. Especially when they had a hint, they could be hunters, he didn't want his mate to be near them anyway.

Star was howling when Jace ran to the venue of the gala.

It didn't look like a place that held a grand function anymore. There were screams and cries everywhere, mixing with sirens, and shouts. Guards and warriors tried to organize the situation, leading wounded people to medics who arrived with ambulances. The guards were already blocking the place, preventing anyone, especially hysterical alphas, who wanted to know if their mates were safe, from entering the place. Well, the last thing they wanted was to get more people involved.

And the worst thing was the smell of blood. The smell of blood was prominent in the air, overpowering any other aromas making Jace want to throw up.

All the guards cleared the path as Jace appeared.

Well, most people backed away, sensing the murderous aura coming from Jace.

"My King!"

The warriors who stood guarding the door bowed to their king.

"Where is my mate?"

Jace didn't have any patience for anyone else.

"The Queen is still inside." One of the guards answered with a low voice afraid to face the wrath of the king. "But Prince Owen is here."

Then he added quickly, pointing in the direction of the medical bay where Alex, Noah's personal guard, stood trying to console the crying pup.

Jace became a little calmer, seeing that at least his pup was fine.

'Pup is fine. We need to find a mate.' Star said through the mind link. And Jace agreed to it.

"What is going on inside?"

Ryan asked quickly, trying to figure out the situation before going in.

"They are still fighting." The warrior answered, leading them to the guarded double door of the gala hall. "We are trying to get out the remaining trapped people."

Jace was ready to transfer to his wolf form as they entered the hall. But before he could, something had happened.

A sudden, pure energy wave came out of the gala hall, startling everyone. Jace felt it was spreading around the hall, and he didn't need to think twice to recognize the owner of it.

So, he didn't waste any second answering the shocked warriors and ran to the inside gala hall.

As they entered the hall, the scene came into his view was able to freeze him on the spot.