Chapter 14: Under the Moonlight

Noah was nervous. But at the same time, he was excited.

It had been eight months since Jace and he was courting, and that was the best time of his life. Well, knowing there weren't many good days in his life, this was really something.

Now Noah was dressed in a simple white shirt with long sleeves and black tight pants standing in front of a beautiful castle with his parents. His shirt was kinda flowy and made him feel pretty.

Today he was having his first official dinner with Jace and his council at the castle. Of course, there would be Emily and his parents, but he was still nervous. He had only met Taehyun, Kara, and Ryan before; other than them, everyone was strangers. And Noah didn't want them to dislike him, so he intended to be on his best behavior.

"Don't be nervous." A warm blanket of sandalwood wrapped around him, erasing his worries instantly. "They are going to love him."

"Really?" Noah asked with an insecure voice. Spending the past eight months with Jace had been able to soothe most of his insecurities, but there were still some.

"Really." Jace assured, tucking a silver strand that escaped from his half bun behind an ear gently. "You look more beautiful tonight."

Noah's cheeks heated up, sweetening his scent with simple praise. He loved hearing how much Jace appreciated him and knowing that Jace never missed a chance to praise his mate.

Jace's hand engulfed his as those larger hands slid to his smaller one. Then he gently guided the smaller boy through corridors to the dining hall. This was the first time Noah had been in the castle. It was larger and more beautiful than any he had ever seen. There were beautiful paintings and lights decorating the hallways, and every corner was filled with a welcoming atmosphere, displacing the castle's thousand-year history.

The dining hall was grand, as expected, with a huge crystal chandelier in the middle. Underneath the chandelier was a huge, oval-shaped oak table with at least twenty chairs. Around the table sat people Noah already knew and didn't.

Noah inched closer to Jace when he smelled different alpha scents. He was still varying for alpha scents, and he tried not to show it. But Jace placed a hand on his back, comforting him instantly.

Jace led him to the head of the table, where there were two empty chairs. He let his hand go to pull the left chair for him, making him blush once more. Noah sat with a shy smile, while Emily, who had sat right beside Jace, gave him a warm smile. His own parents were sitting on the left side of Noah.

"This is Noah Williamson, my fiancé, and your future queen." Jace introduced Noah to everyone. "So, first, let's toast for your future queen."

Jace raised his own wine glass.

"For the future queen."

Everyone repeated raising their wine glasses, toasting with smiles. Noah blushed and hid behind his own glass. He always hated this kind of attention, but he knew he needed to get used to it. As Jace said he was going to be a future queen.

Jace motioned for the servants to serve food. They immediately began to fill the table with dishes, serving Jace first, followed by Noah and the others in order.

He noticed Ryan sitting to Emily's right, and Kara was next to him. She also gave a bright smile when she caught Noah's eyes. Next to her was a handsome alpha with mischievous eyes that told her he was a fox shifter. Next to him was a girl with bright red hair and multi-colored eyes. Oh, she was a seer.

On the other side, left to his parents, was another alpha he had never met before. Noah averted his gaze to the next person when he noticed his intense gaze on him. The alpha looked intimidating, though his scent gave nothing away.