✦chapter 46✦

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

"X" marks the spot where we fell apart 

He poisoned the well, I was lyin' to myself 

I knew it from the first Old Fashioned,

 we were cursed

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

A recently freed Malivore monster ruined Lizzie's perfect evening. "I really thought we were done with these Malivore shits," she said. The sudden visit alarmed the super squad because it had been a while since they had any attacks.

Hope snapped at Lizzie, who was starting to grow weary of Lizzie's daily calls for their wedding planning meeting, "At least it's keeping me engaged," Hope said. The Mikaelson Mansion had already begun planning for Rebekah and Marcel's wedding. No matter how much they tried to appear otherwise, the absence of their dear Faith was having an impact on everyone's mood. Especially Hope's.

"Excuse me? You shouldn't be bitching about my plans just because you and your boyfriend are having issues. I'm working hard to make your aunt's fantasy wedding a reality and your alleged best friend is completely MIA about it, and somehow I'm the bad guy?" Lizzie responded angrily.

Rebekah heaved a long sigh, "Thank God you guys are okay," happy to see her little squad uninjured as they entered the Mikaelson mansion.

"Of course" Lizzie grinned and hugged Rebekah, saying, "We wouldn't miss it for the world"

"Speak for yourself, Lizzie," Hope remarked as she headed to her room, not joining the meeting.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Josie said as the three of them sat on the couch and began their routine.

As he squeezed her hands, filling the glass with her blood, the waitress hissed in pain slowly as she stood there, holding the knife out wide in her hand. Due to Klaus' compulsion, she stood without raising any resistance even though her wound was severe enough to fill a cup with blood.

" Thank you, my love." His pupil widened as he commanded her, "Now please do me a favor and forget about what happened to your hand. You were careless with the knife and accidentally hurt yourself." 

After giving a nod, the waitress walked out of the room. Standing on the balcony, Klaus took in the breathtaking view of the lake and the setting sun. Three days have passed since a teenager who also happened to be his nightmare kidnapped and took him to India. Since that night, he hasn't seen her or spoken to her. The night, he discovered that he could let his defenses down and let his unconscious nature to take control. The minute he and Faith got into an argument, the weird feeling—which he found unsettling—emerged again. Her getting wasted and spending the entire evening with a stranger—and that too, a guy—made him furious.. He disregarded that feelings as his responsibility to ensure Faith's protection. He left his room and decided to talk to her about how the world is cruel and seeks to destroy any innocence she may have, just like it did to him. Faith resided in her fantasy world, where everyone was good and only wanted what was best for her. It made her the universe's target, making the worst-case scenario a possibility: she would never smile again and would suffer the worst possible pain. Even though he was concerned about her naiveté at the time, he wanted to persuade her to leave India and return home. 

He knocked on her door, expecting her to answer, but nothing occurred. He made the decision to enter her room because he assumed she was upset at him and it was the likely cause of her refusal to answer. "Faith? " He looked around the room and checked her balcony, but no trace of faith was found. He tried to call her, but she didn't answer either.