We Like Sharing

I giggled as Eddie gnawed at my shoulder and nuzzled into him as he wrapped an arm around me. He pulled his blankets around us tighter and sighed happily as I started scratching his scalp.

"Aren't sleepovers more fun when you're not pretending like you don't like me?" he teased, brushing his nose against mine. I rolled my eyes but smiled when he kissed me.

"I wasn't pretending like I don't like you," I retorted, setting my head on his chest. "I obviously liked you."

"Obviously, and everyone knew, but you had to be Ms. Brick Wall," he quipped, scratching my back and kissing the top of my head. I smiled and wrapped myself tighter to him.

"I seem so cool on the surface, but, girl, you make me so nervous," I sang, grinning wider as he groaned.

"I can't believe Dustin showed you that notebook," he whined. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I can't tell you how much I genuinely loved them, Eddie," I assured him. He blushed and smiled shyly.

"You did?"

"So much," I replied. I kissed the base of his neck softly. "They let me know that my Eddie was always there."

He squeezed me tight for a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Your Eddie?" he asked quietly.

I flushed and shrank away from him, my butterflies picking up when he pulled me back to him.

"We like sharing, sharing is good," he cooed, making me smile. I buried my face in his chest and smiled in spite of my flush.

"I hate it!" I whined. He laughed and rolled me onto my back, leaning over me.

"You're getting so much better at it, sweet pea," he whispered, close to my lips. I giggled.

"It's been, like, twelve hours," I joked. He shrugged and kissed me softly.

"I know, it's a night and day difference, sweet pea," he said lowly, making me melt underneath him.

"You're just trying to condition me to be nice," I quipped. He winked.

"Can you blame a guy?" he retorted, kissing me hard.

I threw my arms around his neck, kissing him back and pulling him closer. He nosed my chin up and started to nip and suck at it. I grinned as I realized how care-free I felt for the first time in months. I was brought out of our bubble with Eddie's door swinging open.

"Your van's out front, so—"

Eddie leapt off me and I buried myself under the covers as the door swung open.

"What is the matter with you, old man?" Eddie shrieked. I poked my eyes out from under the covers, giggling at how red-faced Wayne was as Eddie ushered him out.

"I thought you managed to screw it up again! How was I supposed to know you could pull it off?" Wayne stammered, stumbling out of the room. Eddie slammed the door and leaned against it, burying his face in his hands.

"I'm so sorry," he muttered. I sat up and held my hand out, inviting him back to my embrace. He flopped onto the bed and groaned, making me laugh. I crawled over to him and started peppering his face with kisses.

"It's okay, it was a mistake!" I reassured him. He glared up at me.

"He's a menace," Eddie insisted. I shook my head and kissed his nose.

"He was just checking on you, he didn't—"

"He didn't know my half-dressed girlfriend was in here, so he should have knocked!" he snapped. I felt my heart skip.