Pain In A Smile

"You said that she cried for you, but that's a guilty feeling." She sighed, speaking through the phone as tears whelmed her eyes. She was just tired of continuously being treated like she was nothing.

"But what you're oblivious to is how much I prayed every burning day, every silent night when my mind wasn't at peace thinking about you. It was always something" She paused, choking back a sob.

"How much I worried about your safety, about you. How much I loved and how much I tried for and with you, but I guess that doesn't matter; it never did anyways. Didn't it?" She questioned, her voice cracking with emotions.

He stayed silent, soaking in every word her heart cried out.

"It was always broken promises and lyrics-less smiles. The beats weren't in symphony, at least, not as I considered it was. But I understand, because I'm not worthy of yours."

He sighed, and tried speaking but she wasn't finished. Her heart was in utter chaos, hurt and wounded by her lover.

"You-"

"And I'm okay with that. Being in your presence was enough to satisfy the endless, motionless void in my heart just for a while. So, thank you." She said, a painful tear of emotion rolled down her cheeks.

"Goodbye my love." She whispered and ended the call as the river of tears came flowing down, her knees gave out and with a thud she fell, her small frame shaking violently as she wailed.

He was silenced, humbled.

Someone who he didn't cherish was now hurt, because of him. He didn't know that the same pained girl was the same girl whose smile was radiant and pure.

Anything can be hidden with a smile.