Please, Please, Please let me get what I want this time

Charlies POV:

It was early in the morning when the school bell rang. At first I was nervous to meet new people in my form but I was soon distracted by a message from my kinda-boyfriend. It's... complicated...

He wanted to meet in the music room before class started, "just to meet" he says. But I knew what he actually meant. I had to refuse his offer since I was already a little late, and it was the first day of school. I wasn't really in the mood either but I'd like to leave that part out. I don't think he would take that well...

...

"God, I hope people will be nice to me this year", I think to myself as I enter a bussy classroom. Not a thought after, I bump into a stranger's back. I lower my gaze to my feet and I start apologising sincerily. Mabye too much.
"Oh, no worries!" a smile so bright it could light up this whole town blinds me, making me completely unable to see the person who said that. I feel a burst of energy as I discern the face of it's owner. The face is from a boy just a year older than me. His name is Mike, Mack? I'm pretty sure it starts with "M". His hair is just so golden, his eyes so warm, like he's some sort of god looking at me (a pheasant) blessing me with his meere presence. "Are you... okay?" he asks me a little confused. I had just now noticed for how looong I've been staring at him.
"Oh, uhm, yeah, I am..." I say in the most awkward way possible. Where is my ability to speak, my God!!!
"Sorry", I repeat myself.
"It's okay", he says in a firm, reassuring yet warm voice. I hurry to the other side of the classroom, completely and utterly embarrased, to meet my friend.
"You okay?", Aled notices how blushed and uneasy I am.
"I just lived trough the most embarrasing moment of my life", I say agitated, "Ready to never show my face ever again, please".
"You'll be fine", he says in a friendly tone. He has always had an ability to calm me down just using his words and demeanor. Considering how much of an overthinker I am, it's quite an achievment. I'm extremly lucky to have him as a friend.

...

"Okay, class, shut up and sit down!", a not so friendly teacher yells at us. And then people wonder why they call Brits stiff.
"But sir, we haven't got our seats arragment yet", the whole class groans at this sentence.
"Why, thank you, George, for reminding me", teacher says satisfied.
"My name is Arthur", nobody hears the boy say it. And neither do I. I'm too bussy glancing at the boy I just bumped into. Shit, Charlie you have a boyfriend... kinda...
Still, I wish to get to know him, even if it's just as a friend.

...

"Charlie Spring", I hear my name being called to the front of the classroom. I slowly walk up to the teachers desk. "I'm pretty sure you would like to be seated with your friend Aled over there", he says blandly, "but I can't risk you two making a fuss in my class". Just as my hopes got up...
"You will be seated with one of the older students, Nick Nelson over there", teacher points to the back of the class. Shiny boy is looking back at me with the same warm smile from before. I was wrong about the whole name, damn it! I rush to my seat and, after a while of trying to avoid eye contact, I notice he's still looking at me. So I look back at his warm hazel eyes again. He then introduces himself:

"Hi!"

"Hi..."

"I'm Nick Nelson, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too!"

"And... your name iis?"

"Oh, yeah, right. My name's Charlie... Spring."

"Nice to meet you Charlie!"

The teacher breaks our moment:
"Okay class, let us start with the lecture!"

It's a bummer we didn't get to talk more... Maybe I will get to know him better in the future. For now, we are just acqaintances. The teacher is still giving his lecture, but I'm not paying attention at all, not one percent. I'm really thinking about one thing: Nick really said my name...  ‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.