Friends turn into sleepovers

Charlie's POV:

Nick invited me to come to his house the other day, so you can guess I'm pretty excited. I just got a new haircut as well and I just hope he doesn't think it's lame. I've been fixing it for last half an hour in front of our hallway mirror, it needs to be PERFECT.
"You going out?" my sister Tori appears out of nowhere.
"Yep", I try to be as secretive as possible. I don't want her to know my whole complicated situation with Nick and Ben and my friends not knowing about either of them. She could take it, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean she has to. She takes a slurp of her drink:
"Going for smoothies again?".
"No, not this time", I reply unbothered, still dead focused on styling my hair.
A smile spreads across her face:
"Are you going out with Nick again?".
I jump a little:

"Uh, yeah..."

"You two have been hanging out a lot lately."

"Yeah, you know how it is when you befriend Someone New. You just want to be around eachother all the time until it fades a little..."

"Hm, I don't know. You seem like you're nervous to see him."

"What?? No! I'm just... I want to be presentable when I meet Nellie!"

"Is that his mum?"

"...It's... his dog..."

"You want to be presentable... to a dog?"

"Yes! Is that so strange?"

"Sure you are."

"I am!"

"Okay, as you will."

"Thank you! And... does my hair look decent?"

"It's solid."

She then dissappears just as mysteriously as she came. I still don't know after all these years how she does it. I think it's some sort of older sister magic I'll never be able to obtain.
I put on my favourite dark blue jumper and jeans. Since it's a little cold outside I grab my jacket and a hat and get the hell out of there before Tori catches me again. She might find something I'd rather keep hidden. I look around me to make sure nobody sees me panicking. When I confirm that noone is around, I make my way to Nick's place. On my way there, I'm listening to some indie rock music. It usually helps me quiet down my overwhelming thoughts, that's why I love it. For the whole time walking I'm internally screaming! I'm questioning whether I look good or not, if Nick actually wanted me to be there or if he invited me out of pitty and if I should just stay in my room forever as to not bother anyone. Why is this so nerve wracking?? Luckily, he doesn't live that far from my place, so my thoughts don't last for too long. I quickly walk up to his front door and ring the bell. My heart is pounding really hard, filled with anticipation. All of the stress washes away when I see him open the door.
He wears his same warm smile:

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

I notice Nellie standing behind him. She's wagging her tail expectantly, ready to get head pats. I'm in love!! As I bend down to pet her she jumps on me and starts licking my face. I can't hold in my laugh, and Nick can't hold Nellie away from my face.

"Come on Nellie! Stop bothering Charlie!"

He picks her up and puts her behind him to get her off me.

"It's okay, I don't mind!"

"I told you she will adore you."

He really did, and that makes my heart warm up.

"She's adorable!"

Nick flashes a smile as he moves Nellie from the entrance so I can come in. I walk trough the door carefully, inspecting everything around me. The framed pictures on the walls, the small cabinet with a bunch random stuff on it and a hanger with a lot colourfull coats and jackets. After a few steps in, I see his mum standing in the hallway. She's wearing the same smile Nick does, warm and welcoming. She then spreads her arms and pulls me into a warm hug:
"Charlie, it's so lovely to finally meet you!". I honestly didn't expect to be hugged today. I hesitate but I hug her back, it doesn't feel awkward or anything.
"It's a pleasure to meet you!" I try to be as polite as I can, still I am completely honest. Nick has been talking about his mum for a while and she seems wonderful. I'm glad his stories are true, she really is as warm and genuine as he's been saying.
"Mum, stop! Please, you'll choke him to death", Nick chuckles.
"Oh, don't worry Nicky, he's all yours", his mum says trough a laugh as she unfolds her arms from me. I smile to her and then Nick leads me down the hall to his stairs.
"My room is on the first floor. Please, make yourself at home", he says as he points to the stairs. I can tell he's a bit nervous by the way he's standing. He looks very stiff on his feet, even the way he talks is a little rigid. Probably not as much as I am. Afterall, we're in his house. But still, it's understandable to be on edge when you have a new guest in your home. Shit, I didn't bring any gifts for him or his mum! It doesn't seem like they mind, so I guess it's okay.
"Thank you, Nicky", I smirk to him.
"Shut up!" He nudges my shoulder and we walk up the stairs to his room. With every step, my heart starts pounding harder and harder...