Darling, don't you ever grow up, it can stay this simple

TW: ED
If you are sensitive to this content, please skip this chapter. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to read!!

~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

Charlie's POV:

It's early in the morning when I wake up. My LORD everything hurts! My back, my neck, shoulders, my head, my heart... Eye bags hang on my face like they pay rent there. Also, my eyes are very puffy from crying all night. The talk I had with Ben still twists in my stomach. I feel so fatigued, all of my limbs are pulling me down as if they are chained to some heavy weights on the ground. If I manage to actually get up, it will be a huge win for me...

I couldn't to force myself to apologise to Ben over the phone, I probably should've done that... I was too scared of what will end of it.

My little brother comes in my room, like a little hurricane, jumping around and, even though I'm in no mood, it still made me feel a little better. So, I start doing things slowly, tears still glistening in the corners of my eyes. I got up, brushed my teeth as I leaned against the sink and let my hair be messy today. It's hard to even glance in the mirror when you feel like you'll only see a huge dissapointment. I didn't feel like eating breakfast this morning, everything I saw in the fridge made me sick. I don't need food anyway, coffe should do the trick.

...

I'm still a bit fatigued but I forget all about it once I see my bestie and a sloulmate Tao Xu. He was waiting for me at the school gate like he does every morning. "Hey, Charlie! How are you doing?", his hat wiggles with excitement. "Yeah, I'm good", my voice sounds much quieter and softer than yesterday, "How about you?". He tried to speak but a sandwich landed straight on top of his head. He rubbed it as he turned around to see Harry Green laughing his ass off. Harry is your classical bully who likes banter and throwing food along with homophobic lines on people just to get a laugh off his mates. He thinks he's the cooooolesstt guy around not realising he's just an idiot. I feel sorry for him honestly. Or should I say I would feel sorry for him if he hasn't been bullying me for as long as I came out as gay a year ago, involountarily.
"You two gonna kiss or what?", Harry shouts.
Tao refuses to take his crap: "I know you basically live on Pornhub Harry, but you don't have to brag about it!".
Harry then gives Tao a dirty look.
"I consider this a win", Tao smiles "His neandrathal brain can't even process what I just said, let alone come up with a response". I laughed a little bit. That is until I saw Ben hangin out with Harry and the lads. Knowing him, he was most likely laughing right along with them. I glance at him a little bit scared, not really sure what to expect in return. He shoots me a glance back, a cold one. A shivver flows from top of my head, down trough my whole body.
"Are you okay Charlie?"
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine!"
Tao doesn't belive my fake smile for a second. "Come on, let's get you something to eat", he says and grabs me by the arm. He buys me a protein bar that I don't really like because of it's taste, but more because of the memories it brings along. Tao and I used to eat it all troughout elementary school and had sword fights and did all the other weird kid stuff. You know, like collecting rocks and inspecting bugs. For the whole time we ate, Tao didn't make a big deal out of it. He knew exactly what I needed. He just told me about his morning while we were sat on the sidewalk, just like we used to do.
"Oh also", he jumps, "There was a fuss on the yard, like, an hour ago. You might want to hear it...".