I was enchanted to meet you

*Riiiiiiinnng*
Tao is frustrated the class bell rang: "UGH! I'll tell you later". I nod and we both go inside. As I enter the classroom and search for my seat, I notice a bright light comming from the desk in the very back. I'll just try to ignore Nick today as to not bother him. He probably doesn't want to hang out with someone a year younger than him. I scurry to my seat and notice he's looking at me: "Hi!". I don't know why I'm so damn nervous around him, it was such a warm greeting.
"Hi...", oh my GOD my face must look so awkward right now. It is best for me just to run and hide and never show my weird face to him ever again. These were my thougths that day, but as days went by, I grew quite fond of seeing Nick everyday. At first, we just greeted eachother, next, those greetings turned to "What's your favourite colour?" type of conversations. But lately, we've been laughing together like we've known eachother for ages. I've noticed how my mood turns brighter the more I'm around him. I almost didn't even notice Ben ignoring me or if he's even been to school for the past few days.

...

"Erm, do you have a tissue?", an innocent voice comes from behind me. I turn around and it's no other than Nick himself, fully covered in blue paint or something.
"I'm sorry Papa Smurf, I don't have any with me", I reply somewhat smugly.
"Very funny to laugh at someone in their time of need", he plays along, smiling.
Then the teacher comes to our desk: "My God, Nick! You must get that cleaned up. Charlie, go with him to the washroom and help him with... 'that' ".

...

We go to the washroom sink and no matter how much Nick tried to rubb the paint off, he just couldn't do it. "It's not comming off!", he screams. I can't hold in my laugh. "Well you should've been more careful", I say, "cause that way you wouldn't look like you came from Pandora!".
Sunny Boy gets offended: "My hair isn't nearly as long as those dudes from Avatar have it".
"Here, silly, let me help you", I say as I grab his hands under water and start rubbing them with soap. Suddenly, I feel my face warm up. Nick also seems a bit disrupted, probably because the paint still didn't come quite off.
"Thanks...", Nick said softly, looking to the ground like something's distracting his mind.

...

Good new is, Nick didn't get in trouble for his blueness. He's lucky that he's so charming and all the teachers adore him. When the bell rang, we all rushed out of the classroom. I say goodbye to Nick, then a familiar face catches me off guard.
"Charlie", Tao shouts across the hall, "Where have you been, Loca?".
"Actually, it's 'Loco' ", I tease a little bit.
"Whatever", he rolls his eyes, smile spread across his face, "I haven't seen you since the second day of school, that's like, more than a week!".
Guilt starts bubbling in my stomach.
"Where have you been?", Tao asks, worried sick.
My mind goes trough memories from the entire past seven days. To be honest, the only things I've had the energy for lately are laying in my dark room, playing the drums and talking to Nick. Just thinking about talking to him makes me blush. Is this just us being best buddies lately?? I HAVE a... situation... with Ben... I'll just try not to think about it.
"Well I-", a notification from my phone interrupts me. To my suprise it's from Ben. I get this sense of relief along with heavy weights being put back on me. He wants to meet asap.
"I- have to go", guilt now fills my eyes, "I'm so sorry Tao". His eyes play a sad song for a second, but I have to leave right now.

I hope Ben doesn't leave me for this one slip up...