~I never needed anything more~

Charlie's POV:

It's five o clock and I'm in front of the smoothie place. Swinging back and forth as I impatiently wait for Nick to arrive. I hope my hair looks well. Should've brought a brush or something. This morning I woke up completely miserable, and now look at me, I'm beaming from excitement! I still feel a bit fatigued and nervous, but not as much anymore. While I was getting ready, I made sure everything on me looks decent. I cleaned my shoes, found a nice shirt that has no holes on it and fixed my hair the best I could. Afterall, it's the first time we are meeting ouside of school.
"Hi!", Nick walks towards me, hands in his pockets. He's wearing the same warm smile he always does.
"Hi", I give him a smile back.
He then scans me from head to toe:
"Look who's all dolled up!"
I hope my face isn't completly flushed:
"Shut up!".
We both laugh and find our way into the smoothie place.

You can tell this is a local place just by the looks of it. It has older furniture everywhere, almost all covered in leather. There are retro decorations like dial phones and old chess boards all over the place, and it's walls are this warm peach colour that is just a little bit worn out. In the air is some warm energy that I just can't explain to someone who's never been here.
We find our seats next to a window, it makes such a lovely lighting. You can see all the features on Nick's face. It's not like I'm looking or anything... Gosh that smile makes me melt... Stop it Charlie! He's straight!!! Or... is he? Will it be awkward if I ask him?

...

"Is this you first time here?", Nick tilts his head.

"Yeah, actually, I don't usually go out near the school."

"Really? I find that quite weird since I've been comming here for, like, ages!"

"I can see why, it's quite cozy."

"Yeah, it's sort of my safe space, you know."

A safe space from what?
As I wonder, the waiter comes to our table:
"What will you have?"

Nick: "I'll have bubblegum flavour with cream and sprinkles and he'll have..."

"Nothing, thanks!"

The waiter nods and leaves.

"You came to a smoothie place but won't order anything?", Nick throws himself into a chair and laughs a bit.

"Hey, my apetite left like an hour ago, let me live!", I laugh as well.

"Okay, okay you don't have to, haha!"

He stares at me for a bit before he starts showing me pics of his dog Nellie. I absolutely LOVE her!!

"You two should meet, she would adore you!"

I completely melt: "I can't wait!"

Waiter comes and puts a huge glass of smoothie on our table. In it are two twirly straws. We thank him and as soon as he leaves I stare at Nick, stunned:
"Do you usually drink with two starws or is this a special occasion?"
He laughs a little:
"No, silly, it's for both of us!"

"Both of us?? When did you-"

"While you were in the washroom I asked the waiter to make another one."

"You didn't have to..."

"I know, but I still wanted to. You don't have to drink it if you don't want to! I just figured you would like it since it's much more fun to drink smoothies with friends."

I think my eyes sparkled just now. He said I am his friend~ ‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.

"It's something about good company that makes everything taste better!"
‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.

I want to concentrate on what he's saying, but I'm so touched by his gesture. It's so thoughtfull of him. It's like he knew I was anxious to drink in front of somebody, and he made sure I felt safe. And on top of that, he called me his friend... ‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.
My heart warms up by a degree because of his words, what he's done for me over the weeks, what a gentle giant he is...

"I agree"

Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth, but my face is telling more of a story. A story of a guy that's always felt like an outcast, never felt like my company matters to anyone (except my friends♡). And now not only being seen, but being welcomed.

Nick gives a shining smile:
"Although, I thought they would give us two smaller ones instead of this HUGE one!"

I chuckle, Nick's eyes shine as he slurps his drink. I've been staring for a while, but it's not awkward, not anymore. Because this time, he is looking at me back.

‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.