You drew stars around my ☆scars☆

Nick's POV:

As I walk into the school yard, memories from yesterday flash trough my mind. How I got paint all over myself, how the teacher got mad at me at first but then just chuckled at my slip up, and how Charlie helped me get it off... sort of haha. That was really nice of him. Oh, look, there is my rugby team sat on the bench, with Harry... eugh. I never liked him, he is so rude!! But I'm nice to him as I am to everyone else. I belive everyone deserves same respect as long as they don't mess with someone you love and care for. That would be huge disrespect!!
"Oi, Nick!", they call for me from the bench.
"Hey", I give a pleasant smile, I hope it's welcoming enough.
We chat for a bit and then of course, Harry has to give me his piece of mind:
"Yo, you've really gotten close with that gay kid from year 10, right?"
My God why does he call him that:
"He has a name, you know".
He's just waiting for the moment to make everyone here laugh with his idiotic jokes:
"Oi, chill, didn't want to insult your boyfriend!"
A few laugh, but others are looking at him with slight disgust.
*Riiiiiiiinng*
Saved by the bell, everybody packs up and we enter the building. When I walk into the classroom, I see the seat next to mine is empty. Charlie hasn't arrived yet. I sit down and unpack my bag. Minutes went by and Charlie still isn't here. Even when the teacher started his lession there was not a sign of Charlie. This isn't usual for him. He's told me before how he hates being late to anything and has never been late to school. Maybe he's sick? I just hope he's okay :(.
The classroom door creaks:
"Sorry I'm late".
Good, he's healthy. But still, something's off. Teacher crosses his arms:
"What's your excuse?"
"It's... the bus... it came late", Charlie mumbles. Something about his body language is tingling my spidey senses. The way his gaze is glued to the ground, how he holds his books pressed to his chest, standing slightly hunched over and with his shoulders almost squeezed together. Also, his voice is 10 times quieter than usual. And much softer. Poor guy, he's been trough some shit. Teacher just waves his hand and Charlie walks to the seat next to me. For the whole time he didn't make eye contact with anyone. He must've noticed I'm looking at him full of worry but he's not responding. He's just laying on the desk, arms crossed under his chin. It looks like he hasn't slept well. After I gave him a few minutes, I hunch over to him: "Hey, are you okay?".
Charlie softly directs his gaze to me:
"What? Oh, yeah... I'm just... tired".
I know he is not telling the truth, but I won't push him to tell me:
"If you ever need to talk to me, just know I'm always available".
He's just looking blankly at the wall, like his thoughts went somewhere not so good.
"You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, I just wanted to let you know if you needed to".
His eyes got a bit teary. I can see them fully now that he's looking straight at me. ‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.
"Even if you just need company, we could meet later if you want to".
His eyes are now smiling slightly.
"Do you want to meet after school for some smoothies?" ‧₊˚༄🍂༉‧₊˚.
He nods, now flaring sparks of excitement. I'm glad he feels better, even if it's just for a little bit.
"Deal, I'll meet you at that place across school at five, okay?"
He nods again. I smile to him to make sure he knows everything's going to be okay and that he isn't alone. Who knows what could've happened to him that he's so disturbed today. But from my experience, there is nothing a smoothie can't fix!
🌟