The Late Night Call

Is it wrong that I feel this way, I don't know if I should walk away...

"Hey napatawag ka,"

A call from Rhian. It's quarter past midnight. If I'm not mistaken, we have the same reason why ayaw kaming dalawin ng antok.

Kinakabahan kasi ako. I can't sleep. Bukas na ng gabi ang pilot episode natin. I don't know kung panu ang magiging reaction nila.

She might be referring to the Philippine primetime viewers.

"Hey, just calm down. It'll be fine, promise. I'm sure they will love the show. I got a lot of notif sa Twitter at IG accounts ko. I mean A LOT is even an understatement. Grabe yung support nila sa atin."

I have my own doubts but I don't want her to know. I want to be strong for our love team. Even though, I got a lot of positive feedback from my social media accounts, they're not enough to extinguish my insecurities. This project is provocative, different from all the rest, at least in the Philippine TV and aside from MHL.

I'm scared to go online these past few days, to be honest. I'm just a replacement ni Ate Marian. I'm scared na baka di ko ma meet your expectations ng mga fans n'yo.

"Rhi, listen to me. You are good. You are the best. You played the role very well. It's not even obvious na you just got the script two days prior to your first taping."

I need to assure her. I need her to know that everything's perfect when she came.

"And don't consider yourself as JUST a replacement. Everything happens for a reason. You are here with us for a reason. And you might not know it, talaga palang para sa'yo ang role na Jade. God finds ways, Babe."

Shit! Bakit babe yung lumabas? I dismissed the thought and continue. "K-kaya cguro k-kinuha ang role kay Ate Yan."

Oh my god! What am I saying! Na-uutal pa ako!

Silence..

Deafening.. not even a static on the line.

Hahaha thank you, Babe. You haven't fail yet to make me feel good about myself. Salamat sa mga words of encouragement mo. At eto na ba official endearment ng Rastro? Babe?

I was busted! I don't know to say but well, the closer we are sa totoong buhay, mas magiging effective kami as Althea and Jade.

"Hahaha pwede rin, I'm not going to say sorry for saying that endearment, though. I know we need to lighted up the mood to stay sane."

I'll be offended if you say sorry! Hahaha. Babe is fine, unless merong kokontra.

"Sa part ko, I'm sure wala. Pero baka mag taka si Jase na meron kanang ibang Babe. Hahaha"