With You

AN: #TRMDFinale na pala! I will leave you with this chapter. I hope everyone's having a wonderful time. Jathea might end tonight but Rastro will sail on!

Central air's welcoming chill greeted our exhausted body as we entered our condo. Slivers of illumination filtered through the living room blinds, joining the fish tank's emerald glow as our only source of light.

Rhian unceremoniously fell into the soft cushion of our beige sectional couch, rested my head back and shut my eyes. Blissful relaxation began to flood my entire body instantly.

"You look tired."

I casually slid over to the couch next to her. I took her right hand in mine and then lifted her arm over my shoulders and cuddled in next to her, still holding her hand. Heaven must live on her shoulder for as soon as I laid my head down I felt so much love for her I couldn't believe it. And when her lips gently brushed over my forehead my eyes shut and the world became perfect for a time.

"Ituloy natin...," Rhian whispered teasingly in my ear.

"Oh shut up," I giggled softly.

Inhaling the engaging scent of my perfume, Rhian pressed another kiss to my temple. I sighed peacefully in her arms as I silently swore to myself that nothing would ever hurt her.

I am sure Rhian felt my heart beating over where our joined hands rested on my chest. The harmony of her life's breath was a balm to my troubled soul. Its been so long since I had someone in my life I didn't realize how much I was missing out on.

"Ang bango mo, Love. Can I assume you didn't spray on your perfume for my benefit?"

The gently teasing tone of her voice sounded was music to my ears. "Absolutely not. Cosmo had a new Abercrombie and Fitch perfume ad. I tore the page out and rubbed it on my neck. How's that for ingenuity?"

Rhian kissed a soft butterfly over where the fragrance charmed her senses. "Way to save a buck. Ang kuripot mo, Galura."

"I do my best." Nestled against her solid frame, I nuzzled her neck and then gave a little bite. Her only response was to hold me closer. When the last time was I allowed a someone to get this close to me I couldn't even remember.

"I could order us a pizza if you're hungry?"

"Nah, I'm more tired than anything else," I yawned. "I'm not really sleepy. I'm just...."

"I know," she seemed to understand where I was coming from. Lifting my eyes to her, I found such sweet adoration reflected back. My cynical side shrugged as my heart had been broken more than a few times over the years. 'The only thing a man can do in this world is disappoint a woman' it had the nerve to say. And yet my indomitable spirit recanted what it had the very first time I saw her. Rhian was the one. She had always been the one. She would always be the one for me. "Do you want to take a nap?"

"I could use one but I doubt you want me knocked out...."

"Shut up, Rhian! Ang utak mo talaga.."

"Ayaw mo ba?"

The world stopped spinning and my heart stopped beating that very second. The mischievous grin she wore obviously enjoyed how I had no immediate comeback to what she offered. Seizing the moment She captured my lips in a full, deep kiss. I eagerly returned it, treasuring the way she slowly worshiped me. The way she held me so tight while plundering the depths of her mouth. For the longest time nothing existed outside of us giving into fates inevitable pull.