Speechless

I need to set everything right for the both of us. Dapat ko nang tapusin kon anu man ang meron kami ni Jase. Na gi-guilty ako kasi Jase is nothing but nice to me. I know he loves me too much at s'ya lang ang naging patient sa'kin. But i know if I don't end this now, pareho lang kaming masasakan.

He texted me. He's on his way to the restaurant kong saan kami mag la-lunch. He offers to pick me up sa condo but I can't let him.

For a simple but sinful reason, Glaiza was with me last night.

I parked the car. I ask him if we could just meet at RK. I felt that whatever I have to tell him, it should be in this place. I feel more secure since Glaiza co-owned the place. I want her, needed her to be with me at the moment, and since it's not possible, kahit sa ganitong paraan lang makasama ko s'ya.

I enter the place and there, Jase was seated at the corner table. I need this to be private so i motioned to the waiter.

"Ma'am Rhian kayo pala. Sa VIP room po tayo."

"Thank you, mauuna na ako sa loob. But can you please tell Jase to join me there. He's sitting right over there." I pointed to the waiter where Jase was seated.

"No problem, Ma'am. Ako na po bahala kay Sir."

I just want this to be over.

I seated and waited for Jase to enter the room.

"Hey, babe!" He greeted enthusiastically. He's about to give me a kiss on the lips but i shifted my face and instead it was planted on my cheek.

He frowned.

I ignored it.

"Let's order?" I said calmly without looking. I just can't.

He sat across the table while holding my hands. And there's this feeling na matagal ko nang napapansin and ngayon ko lang nalaman ang sagot.

I feel normal.

It's like holding the hands of a friend.

Unlike those holding hands I had with Glaiza. Even just a quick brush of her skin to mine, para akong nakukuryente.

"Babe my problema ba tayo?" He asked to my surprise.

That was direct to the point. The point why I was here.

"Yes."

As I've said, I want this to be quick.

"Tell me about it after we eat, okay?

"Okay." And we ordered. More on, he ordered for us. I know that was weird since every time we dine out It's me who always placed the order.

He's not questioning this. He's even giving me the comfort of not talking to me.

Dumating ang order namin and we ate. Wala talaga akong gana but for his sake I forced myself to eat. Kahit sa ganitong paraan manlang makabawi ako sa kanya.

The silence is comforting. And we finished the meal. In fairness na busog ako.

"Now, tell me."

"Jase, we've been friends long before we enter this stage of our relationship. I genuinely care for you..." he interrupted me.

"But you're not in love with me. And you just realized that now." It's not even a question but a plain statement.

My eyes misted. He knew me too well. It hurts to know na all this time pala he felt that way but chooses to stay.