{ S2 } Cat-like (+mini announcement at the end)🦋

Jimmy had always heard that his former soulmate, Tango in DoubleLife, had always had cat-like tendencies. Jimmy never knew what they meant, Tango was just— affectionate.

But whatever, Jimmy did not need to worry about that. He had to worry about the fact that some of the Hermits had stumbled into Empires.

And the fact that Joel, Fwhip and Grian were taunting him...

Jimmy was showing them the in-progress railroad, slightly annoyed but tried to not show it. He was in the middle of speaking when someone else joined them at the railroad.

Big green witch hat, light blue hair, light blue eyes, deep dark blue outfit, pointed ears.

Jimmy paused and gasped as he locked eyes with the man. Grian said something but he did not registered it.

The two of them stepped towards each other, saying stuff that overlapped.

"Is- is that my rancher?"

"My- my rancher?"

Jimmy and Tango hugged immediately and tightly, squealing at each other excitedly. They spun around the area, (not really) being careful with not hitting the other people and walls. Jimmy had a hand placed on his head to secure his sheriff hat. Nothing else mattered to them in those seconds.

Only them.

As the two broke apart the hug, hands still intertwined though, they smiled at each other gleefully. Jimmy had noticed that Tango looked different from DoubleLife, warm colours were now cool. He did not care to ask though.

Tango took out a horn and blew it. The sheriff gasped and grinned.

"I haven't got a horn!"

He obtained one from Scar and blew it, beautiful sounds creating a chain of them. Jimmy laughed, Tango giggling along with him.

"You're staying with me tonight?" Jimmy asked, smiling greatly. He returned the horn to Scar and looked back at Tango.

Tango laughed and nodded, replying with, "Oh definitely!" the blazeborn took one of Jimmy's hands and kissed the back of it.

The sheriff was about to say more but heard someone clear their throat. Tango and Jimmy turned their heads to see a annoyed (but proud) Grian and Joel, and a oblivious happy Scar. Jimmy sighed and reluctantly unlocked hands with his soulmate, he was embarrassed yet irritated.

"Continuing the tour..."

.

.

.

Everyone else had left TumbleTown, even Scar went to explore other empires. Leaving Tango and Jimmy alone.

"I missed you..." the sheriff sheepishly mumbled, hugging the blazeborn from behind, arms above shoulders. Tango chuckled and smiled widely.

"I did too, my rancher," Tango sighed happily. He felt Jimmy comb his light blue hair back, Tango immediately started to make a low contented humming noise that sounded like— a cat purring?

Jimmy chuckled at that and smiled. He found it cute. So the things he heard were true. He giggled more thinking about it.

.

.

.

There was multiple incidents proving those things as well.

Tango accidentally pushing a glass cup that Jimmy had onto the floor.

The sound had made Jimmy flinch and he went to check he whoever did that was okay, and maybe be a little annoyed with them. But he instead just blinked at Tango, who was staring at the glasses pieces on the floor and was looking confused.

Tango claimed that; "I didn't mean to do it on purpose! It was just- instinct?" That made Jimmy laugh, seems like Tango was not aware about the cat-acting things.

Jimmy responded with, "It's okay, Norman has done this before," leaving the blazeborn more confused.

Another moment, Tango had thrown his head on Jimmy lap, saying (or demanding); "Tell me I'm pretty!"

Jimmy had hummed and started to stroke his soulmate's hair but replied in an annoyed tone, "You're pretty annoying, that's what you are,"

Tango immediately relaxed at it.

He heard and saw the other one scoff and pout. It made him chuckle. The low purring sound was also back.

"Can't even say I'm pretty," the blazeborn cooed, the purring audible.

After hearing the blazeborn's purrs once again, it really made Jimmy want to cry tears of joy. He definitely found it very adorable. He would try to comb his soulmate's hair whenever he could after that.

You could assume that Jimmy spent most of his time and day with Tango.

Which he did.

__________________________

707 words

THIS IS HOW I ANNOUNCE THAT ILL BE DOING HERMITCRAFT ONESHOTS AS WELL NOW. WITH A RANCHERS ONESHOT <3

Just a note, I don't watch a lot of Hermitcraft- (only Ren, Grian, (bits and pieces of) Mumbo and Scar) so the oneshots may be a bit worse then my ESMP ones...

So requests for HC, will take a bit longer and if you do request for it, more context and stuff with have to be given-! (Sorry in advance)