{ ESMP1 } The Cod Mask (Fwhimmy)

Jimmy always wore his cod head when he was around people, only taking it off with people he is really comfortable with, for example Lizzie and/or Joel.

That meant that not a lot of people knew what Jimmy looked like, not even his mouth, eyes or hair. They mostly assumed he had sapphire eyes like Lizzie but knew nothing else.

Fwhip was very intrigued to know what his lovely rival, the Codfather, looked like underneath.

He had always said that Jimmy probably wore the cod head because he was ugly underneath there. It was just a joke with the two of them, that was what Fwhip thought. He enjoyed seeing the Codfather protest that he was not.

Just something about the cod hybrid blabbering, trying to come up with a comeback at Fwhip, brought joy to the powderman.

It had suddenly stopped one day though. Fwhip woukd shoot the mean comment like usual and the Codfather would glance away and walk off hastily.

He then really wanted to see what the Codfather looked like for himself.

That was why, when the Codfather was in the comfort of his own empire, Fwhip struck at him by throwing a smoke bomb at the cod's feet.

Jimmy yelled as the smoke covered up the room, vigorously trying to fan the smoke away but to no avail.

Fwhip took the Codfather's struggling as an open opportunity to yank the cod head off of his rival's head. He went behind him (probably accidentally stepping on Jimmy's fish tail as the man let out a shriek) and grabbed the head from the top, pulling it up.

It was a struggle to pull it up, with the cod head being made out of rubber (Jimmy got it made for himself, as I do not think that anyone wants to have an actual cod head on their head) but it eventually slipped out. The sudden release made Fwhip fall backwards onto the ground, squeezing his eyes shut before he feels the impact.

He opened his eyes just in time to see the Codfather scrambling to get up from the ground and turned to look at the culprit, making eye contact with Fwhip.

The Codfather was a strawberry blonde with milk chocolate eyes. Light brown dots, similar to the ones actual cods had, littered his cheeks and nose that could be easily mistaken as freckles. Fish fins replaced where human ears should of been and scales shined at the side of his face.

If Fwhip had to choose a word to summarize the Codfather's look, it would be majestic. He was in a bit of a daze, only snapping out of the trance when he heard the Codfather yelling.

"Fwhip! What are you doing?!" Jimmy exclaimed, using his arm to cover his nose and mouth.

He was about to lunge for his cod head in Fwhip's hand but the ginger was quicker and stood up before it could happen.

"So that's what the Codfather looks like..." Fwhip commented, trying to act slyly but it seems like he could not stop himself from making his cheeks dusted pink.

When Jimmy tried grabbing the cod head, Fwhip would give move his arm away, then Jimmy would try again, and the cycle would continue...

"Fwhip, give it back!" Jimmy cried out. Despite being taller, it did not help him. "Please-"

"Why do you even wear that stupid cod head?" Fwhip replied, still not letting the Codfather get to his precious accessory.

"I-"

"You look pretty like this."

The air seemed quieter after that. Jimmy stopped in his tracks as they realized what Fwhip said. Fwhip did the same, embarrassed on what he just said.

"I- I mean pretty ugly! Y-Yeah," Fwhip took a step back and tried to correct himself with him waving his arms in front of him. He flushed red. "You're pretty ugly..."

Jimmy also flushed red, standing there with his arm still covering the lower parts of his face.

"Fwhip-"

"And I do not think your handsome what so ever!"

"Fwhip!"

Fwhip blinked and looked at Jimmy, who was just sheepishly covering his face now.

"I- you," Jimmy stuttered. "Do- do you even listen to yourself? Calling me handsome and pretty..." his voice became quiet. He sounded a bit saddened.

"Wait- I-" Fwhip stopped himself. He became a bit more concerned than sly now. The cod head still sat in his hand. "Do you find yourself ugly? Is it because of me?"

There was a beat of silence.

The Codfather nodded slowly. "It's quite true though isn't it?"

"No, it isn't,"

Jimmy tilted his head up, looking a bit flabbergasted.

"Just- geez, Jimmy your damn handsome!" Fwhip replied, he sounded hesitant. "Don't let anyone say otherwise, not even me!"

Jimmy... seemed surprised. His fins perked up as he let out a small chuckle. "Really?" He mumbled.

Fwhip nodded.

Jimmy mumbled out a small "okay," before Fwhip gave back his cod head.

The powderman nudged the Codfather. "Show your face sometime, okay?"

"Mm, alright,"

_________________

836 words

Cross-posted to AO3