𝐈

Athena was confused when she woke up, she could still feel the pain in her head, she could still hear the echo of the gunshot and could feel the gravel that stuck to her face during her fall to the ground that night. Her confusion was because she was sure she had taken a shot in the head, an accurate shot that did not kill her at the time but left her slowly agonizing on the ground until the darkness hugged her. How could you be sure you were shot if there was no injury? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

"Athena, Athena Priestess of Hitad, it's an honor to meet you!" Someone spoke, a strange voice, the voice of a female shadow that projected unexpectedly in front of the woman who had her eyes semi-open because of the absurd clarity.

She waited for her eyes to adjust with the unexpected light and when she opened them completely she was surprised by the sight of a beautiful woman dressed in red, a woman who did not appear to be more than forty years old. This same woman stared at her with a very serious face and Athena did not know why, because until now she did not offer any kind of risk to anyone's safety.

The horror sparkles in Athena's eyes when she recognized the mysterious woman who treated her in a cordial and respectful way. The young woman's blood disappeared and her face was pale, disbelief was also present by the way her despair took over.

"Melisandre of Asshai" she replied paler than a ghost.

"In your world I could be someone else, but I assure you that in this world I am what you are seeing, I am Melisandre of Asshai, the red priestess," replied Melisandre interrupting the rest of Athena's speech "what you are seeing is real, as well as what hit your head last night, if you don't believe it... look up!!

Viseryon, one of the three dragons of Daenerys Targaryen, a real dragon, a huge dragon was flying over the vicinity of where they were. Athena was completely awake now, the chances of being drugged or dreaming, these thoughts dissipated instantly, she was not the kind of people who denied the truth, a dream would hardly have any thermal sensation and it is not all drugs that reach this level.

"We have to get to her, we have to find Daenerys, my lord told me that you knew very important things to be ignored. Apparently you are also a priestess, of a very powerful goddess, are not any entity that can give a new body to a person." She explained while helping Athena get up from the ground "I also brought an outfit with me, these clothes of yours will draw a lot of attention, the city is still not safe!" She completed delivering a leather bag with the clothes "I'll turn around, don't worry".

If someone told Athena that she had died and been reincarnated in another world with a new body, she would laugh and call the person crazy, it would be understandable, after all, something like this should be impossible, it should, but apparently it was not. What ran the most in her head was the world that was chosen, if it already seemed deadly through a television screen, imagine such a world, a true world.

The dragon above them was not a toy, it was not a robot.

"Thank you for the clothes, if I had money I would pay you" thanked Athena as she adjusted the strap of the blue dress, a long and light dress with a soft opening on the back and gold details, details that seemed to be delicately embroidered, a time-consuming job "do we have to find her still today?"

"No, just tomorrow. You need to get used to the place and the people around you and we need to talk with greater privacy and consume a hot meal." replied Melisandre with a weak smile "I imagine it's a lot to absorb".

And it was really a lot to be absorbed, she could freak out at any time with this bombardment of information, it was unbelievable madness. Athena accompanied Melisandre completely bewildered by the place where they were, she looked at everything but it was still hard to believe what was being experienced. The young woman also noticed that although Melisandre was calm, she seemed uncomfortable with her presence.

"You're thinking a lot, much more than me, I know you're uncomfortable and this discomfort is related to my appearance!" questioned Athena in an affirmative tone of voice.

"I made a mistake in many things, didn't I? In the interpretation of the words I received from my lord... if someone else was sent in my place, it means that I failed, not now, but my current actions have destabilized the future." Melisandre replied by making Athena bond the dots in her head, so that this behavior made some sense.

"Ohhh, is that about that? In heaven, I thought it was something more serious." said Athena laughing at the question "I would say that there were some mistakes but not all responsibility is yours. It's okay that you weren't the right person, but it wasn't just you, your god, he and the men of this world have a large share of guilt, men and women have a certain degree of guilt about what's to come."

"I understand"

In silence Athena followed Melisandre, they were not far from the city but still the weather was strange, the walk was full of sighs. People moved in large masses, talking, fighting and laughing about anything that was happening, and observing this, Athena swallowed dry when imagining this temporary peace leaving with the death of Daenerys Targaryen, they seemed so happy with the woman's reign. One of the most discussed things in his mute was the end that Essos had with the death of his queen, everyone knew that there were still people who longed for the resumption of control of the cities, the masters who fled, the corrupt soldiers, the slave trade and the nobles. If she dies without leaving heirs, there would certainly be a war for succession, a war as bloody as what was happening in Westeros.

Athena was feeling tired of the whole situation, she was anxious to rest and according to the older woman, they would go to an inn made to accommodate travelers. She had many things to talk to Melisandre but needed to think carefully when revealing the information she had with her, not everything would be said, her head would keep most of the information, she was now involved in a plot full of blood, she was walking towards the hurricane.

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

I apologize if my English is wrong, I'm trying to improve my second language.

I would like to know your opinion about the first chapter of this story, what did you think?

Thank you for reading my story, support is very important.