𝐈𝐗

Daenerys was calm and this tranquility was a rare feeling since the day she was born, after all, how can you drink a glass of wine or sleep peacefully when many killers want your head as a prize from an early age? It was difficult but not impossible, and she thanked Athena for this tranquility and this sense of normality, because for so long she did not feel like Dany but like Queen Daenerys, a title that sometimes the burden was very difficult to carry.

"The dress looks wonderful, Your Highness!" Missandei praised, helping to adjust the long silver dragon on the queen's shoulders, being the accessory that held the black cape to Daenerys' red dress.

It was almost time, the sun was no longer seen, what was possible to be seen were the torches scattered throughout the city, illuminated every corner that was possible, in addition to the great movement and singing through the streets, which were heard from afar. Daenerys saw from afar all the movement of the event and was impressed by the movement that was happening, there were many people, many travelers too, and these travelers were helping to move the city's economy.

"In such a short time things have rejoiced even more here, people are happier, the difficulties continue but I feel that the population is a little happier. She is becoming such an important person at the Council table, she is not afraid to say what she thinks but also does not try to invalidate me" Daenerys said to herself, without realizing that the thought was higher.

Missandei knew that when it was time to cross the sea, if there was a guaranteed person on the trip it was Athena, the queen's counselor trusted it so much that she had made a bet with Grey Worm. It was not a matter of romantic feelings, but the woman had proven herself as a brilliant person, with some defects, but still a brilliant person and currently her opinion had a lot of weight in the decisions of the queen, in the decisions that involved society, because Athena was reluctant to give an opinion on military matters.

"After today, I will invite her to take an official position in the Council, as we already have a master who takes care of health-related issues, I am thinking of offering one of the chairs that is still vacant at our table"

"What position?"

"Master of Laws, she will do well in this position, it will be a little difficult at first but she will adapt, this is an activity that will not force her to interact with many politicians, I will change many things in my reign my friend and I will separate many things that should never be mixed, such as religion and politics, in addition to creating the Bank of Westeros."

"Bank of Westeros?"

"A bank that will not count on the money from other houses, only from the royal house and it will not be that simple to take money from it. Some whispers say that the debt of the iron throne is revolving around 6 million golden dragons, and that's a lot of money, the Lannisters will not be able to pay, which will put the Tyrells in Cersei's crosshairs"

Daenerys also had one more surprise, she was analyzing several things and reconsidering several decisions and a new certainty was Olenna Tyrell would be the new hand of the queen, today the queen recognizes that she did not think very well when she offered this position immediately to Tyrion. She was beginning to reconsider this decision in her mind, due to several alerts that sounded in recent days.

She was suspicious of the neutrality of Tyrion's decisions, worried about an alleged impartiality when the time came for Jaime and Cersei to be brought to justice. Daenerys would not dismiss the friend of the council, but trusting a position of this importance in the hands of someone who does not have the neutral and rational judgment is to create an advantage for the enemy, and in this game you win or you die.

Giving an advantage to the enemy was unthinkable.

"Missandei?"

"Yes?"

"I think we're late" Daenerys said laughing when she heard the knocks on the door and a family complaint "I've already heard you Athena, sorry for the delay, if you want, you can come in"

Daenerys' smile gave way to a serious expression when a soldier entered holding a sealed parchment, an extremely confidential correspondence that only she should have access to. She didn't know what was written on that piece of paper, much less who would have written the message, but it was an important subject.

"Thank you" Misandei said picking up the parchment and soon the soldier left "Do you want me to read it? It's just the two of us in this room"

Daenerys agreed.

"Winterfell, the self-proclaimed king of the north is coming in four days, it seems that his plan to enjoy the whole festival with Athena has just flown through the air his Highness." Misandei responded by making fun of the grimace that Daenerys made when listening to the content of the letter "You still have four days before the hurricane ends up in Essos"

"So let's make these days worth a lot, they even took a long time to send some crow with a message" Daenerys replied by putting the last golden ring on her finger "I'm not going to stress about it now, our time is counted, so let's enjoy every moment, when we pass through that door, you are no longer my counselor, also enjoy the festival my friend"

If the confusion was approaching Essos? Surely, would she worry now? Not at all, because there would be no point in being anxious at this moment. Daenerys had a speech to make, there was a population to reassure and meet and there was a woman who was waiting for her to go to the food stalls.

"Grey Worm and I are going to watch the dance show, what about you?"

"Theatre in the square, it seems that Athena likes to watch the theatrical shows and she agreed to go with me to meet the dragons" Daenerys answered the question asked "She talked a lot about the theater in the medical tent, which was the most familiar thing she had from her land"

"I understand, I know what it's like to miss home"

"You are free, if you want to go back home I will never stop or judge you" Daenerys replied staring at Missandei with a compressive smile with the words of her friend "Real friends support each other and what friend would I be if I didn't support you?"

"I can visit, but I can't live there, now I have very important things to leave behind, I have you and the..."

"Grey Worm"

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

What's your opinion about today's chapter?

Please, if you can, don't forget to leave comments and vote... it's very important to me!

Thank you for reading my story, support is very important.