𝐗𝐕𝐈

The winds outside the palace brought a refreshing breeze and once again Athena was in the garden, sitting under that strange tree with the white trunks and blue leaves. There was her little refuge when the noise around her became too suffocating and chaotic to deal with, there she was free to let her thoughts run free, without any kind of interruption, while she drank soft sips of wine, several theories and routes to the future came in her head.

"You should be inside the palace, it was a little late for you to stay out here, especially without an escort, things are a little tense lately for you to walk without protection Athena" Grey Worm said sitting next to her on the lawn with a variety of breads and fruits.

Just like Missandei and Daenerys, she and the Grey Worm created a very strong fraternal bond in a short time, although they were very different, they found a way to a bond of brotherhood and friendship. They were opposites, and sometimes they didn't get along very well, in addition to being very suspicious of each other, but that was past waters and here the two were talking. If someone told Athena that they would be friends, she would laugh a lot because they lived under constant tension until she proved herself to be someone reliable.

"And I thought you should be with the Missa, she is very stressed because of the board meetings," Athena replied by stealing some sugar-covered coconut chips.

"The queen decided that in the next meetings the number of counselors will be reduced after the circus that was held at the last meeting. I've never seen Daenerys so upset after we finished negotiating with the emissaries coming from the North" he spoke freely, while leaning his head against the tree trunk "definitely the next meetings will be much better. She's just not here because she took the time to talk trivial things with the queen, I think today, we can all be normal people"

She liked the feeling of being an ordinary person and can talk freely to others without the weight of the title of priestess and without the formalities and bureaucracies that this world required of her. It was a small privilege, but it was the largest of all the ones she has ever had, because the feeling of being a human and not a piece in a game, was something very valuable for Athena, for Grey Worm and for anyone in the middle of the conflict.

"Everyone can see that you like each other very much Athena, why insist on this conflict? You are only hurting yourself by acting this way, as if you were enemies," he pulled an unexpected subject leaving Athena dislocated and thoughtful, deciding whether or not to answer this question.

"Because things are not that easy, what happened to me, the way it happened, was a limitless low that made things even worse" Athena began to speak as if she was releasing a weight from her shoulders, they were words that had been stuck in her throat for a long time.

Someone was watching them, a certain silver-haired queen who passed by near the place when she heard their conversation, making her stop halfway with the certainty that this conversation was about her. Daenerys was intrigued by what she could hear, she knew that Grey Worm had seen her, but he was in complete silence, signaling with his hand so that she would not make noise.

Grey Worm at this point in the championship had already understood that Athena would not make the first move for a reconciliation and did not judge her friend for it. When he saw the queen watching the two, he knew it was the perfect opportunity for Daenerys to listen to what she so firmly refused to understand, and if the gods were very good, maybe the queen would talk directly to Athena, a conversation without barbs or indirects.

"I felt betrayed, she didn't do this to me because she saw that I didn't fit into the position, she did it because she was angry with me" Athena said in a disappointed voice "She knew that I would be sincere about my opinions and that I would not act like her friend but as the counselor she expected. I was going to apologize to her, because I also made a mistake in the discussion we had, but there was no time"

"Whet happened in the discussion? For you to have fought"

"We argued because I did not agree with the way they were wanting to treat the entourage coming from the north as well as the issue of some laws that benefited the nobles. I should have let her rest instead of pressing an argument" she spoke while eating some foods that were on top of the towel stretched on the grass "she exalted herself, called me a foreign witch and said I was no longer welcome"

"What was your answer?"

And here was the missing part of the story.

"I said that she could not become a ruler like the usurper or his son, which was like throwing all the hard work away" Athena confessed, shuddering at the friend's expression, being completely embarrassed to remember the situation "a ruler cannot act relying only on flatterers, and should not go around keeping exorbitant expenses"

"As far as I knew, they have a lot of money just like us"

"Grey Worm, the only noble house that still has a lot of gold is the House Tyrell, financially the kingdom is broken because of the wars. The nobles are already untouchable, but I think it's a mistake to give them a free pass to take financial loans with the Crown, and they don't need it and hardly this money goes back to our coffers, they don't take little money" she explained without looking up "I made a mistake in comparing her with him, because the two are nothing the same"

This conversation had revealed to Grey Worm some personality traits of the priestess and the queen. The priestess had traits a kind of arrogant and selfish personality and the queen had traits of authoritarianism and a hint of neglect, in fact they would have to talk to themselves to solve things.

"I'm kind of tired of these fights, I wish I could go back to my house, but you've all stolen a little piece of my heart, including her. Is there still a way to repair all this? In a month we got hurt a lot" Athena said more to herself than to her friend, feeling some tears fall "maybe the only way to fix all this is with me going away"

"I forbid you, until you listen to me, I forbid you as your queen" A voice replied Athena who was frightened when she raised her head and saw those violet eyes looking at her with intensity.

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

Finally our protagonists are going to talk

I read the comments that some readers left

I really wanted Athena as a strong character, but she could still be defeated, like any human

And I agree that the Council is being very disrespectful to the priestess. Daenerys is not in her best days either.

What did you think of today's chapter?

I hope you liked it!

Please, if you can, don't forget to leave comments and vote

Thank you for reading my story, your support is very important to me