𝐗𝐕

All the counselors, including Athena, were sitting in chairs below the throne, with the exception of Missandei and Grey Worm who were standing on the right and left side of the queen who was sitting with all the splendor and glory of the Targaryen House, wearing the colors of her house and a simple crown that represented all her current titles and if all went well, it would represent the future titles. The crown was a newly added accessory after Missandei and Grey Worm argued with Queen that people in Westeros should be aware of who she was and should have respect for her.

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, The Mother of Dragons, The Khaleesi of The Great Grass Sea, The Unburnt, The Breaker of Chains" Misandei announced the queen's titles seriously, although a hint of pride could be detected in her voice.

"This is Jon Snow. He's King in the North" Sir Davos Seaworth introduced the man with a proud posture.

And the weather in the environment was getting wonderful, if someone lit an incense so that the bad energies would go away, Athena bet all her gold coins that the throne room would catch fire. Only by the presentation made, the priestess could say that they were good warriors, but terrible politicians, the swords and order had to work side by side, an imbalance was very dangerous.

"I have already been informed in advance that you wanted to negotiate with me about some useful resources for you in Dragon Stone and about the help of my army in an emergency that you have in the North. What makes you think I'm going to help them, what makes you think you could come here?" Daenerys sincerely asked the man, wishing to have a frank conversation and without fuss, they had no time and willingness to lose.

"We are here to ask for help from the dragon queen to deal with an extreme threat coming from the north, something much worse than our current common enemy, something much worse than Cersei Lannister, and if we do not unite, there will be no tomorrow," he said reciting the classic speech of the hero.

"The white walkers? I've heard about them, I know they are a real threat, but for now they are not my concern" Daenerys replied leaving Athena surprised, because the priestess thought the queen had not paid attention to the conversation she had with Missandei about the threats on the other side of the wall "My biggest threat is Cersei Lannister, and my goal is the Iron Throne"

This meeting was being a show of surprises and the priestess really wanted a bucket of popcorn to accompany these dialogues, for a brief moment she decided to be that young woman who sat in front of the television to watch game of thrones after the university final exams. She was learning to like this world, but Athena missed being an ordinary girl in her world and wondered what her life would be like if none of this had happened.

She was impressed, both as a former counselor, as a fan of books and the television program for observing so closely things like this meeting between two opposites. Athena carefully watched Darnerys negotiate with the "ruler" of the north and she was amazed to see the queen speak, she commanded everything like a true strategist and used the logic and facts present in the story to build her arguments and her answers, and observing this she did not understand.

Athena did not understand why they described the queen as someone who did not have many diplomatic skills, and the woman who was behind her, sitting on a throne, was unifying Essos and would unify Westeros soon. The priestess was pleased to hear from the queen's lips that she would rule seven kingdoms just as her ancestors did, she was inflexible about this detail, a very important detail.

"You may be the "king of the north" Jon Snow, but there are several gentlemen and ladies who have a lot of autonomy, you can't swear loyalty to me, already having sworn loyalty to them, you promise me things that you won't be able to give me" Daenerys said firmly "I'm only going to march north after Cersei Lannister is defeated, you have until the day when I sit on the Iron Throne to convince all the houses in the north to bend their knee"

"Don't you think you're demanding too much for a foreign queen? Do you think they will follow you without even knowing who you are?" Sir Davos asked the queen.

"You are the ones who come to me with too fanciful demands for those who are in a clearly unfavorable situation. I have the largest army, I have the third largest fleet of ships in the world known and I have three grown dragons! You are fighting in two wars at the same time, to have problems with supplies it won't take long!" The queen answered the older man, slowly going down the stairs that gave access to the throne "I will not risk my army without having the guarantee that you will follow me"

"The north honors your words" Jon Snow said advancing closer to the queen.

"Your Highness" Athena called for Daenerys, who listened to her call and looked away from Jon Snow, to focus on what the priestess would say "do I have permission to say something? I believe it will be relevant to refresh the memory of Lord Snow"

"My word is yours, speak priestess"

"The last Stark who respected an oath was Cregan Statk, and his skeleton has already been dancing in the death valley for a long time" Athena began to speak, talking directly to Jon "Your word has had no weight since the rebellion, with or without the "kidnap" of Lyanna and the death of her grandfather, the rebellion would happen, these events were just the perfect excuse to jump off the boat, which is disappointing"

"The past cannot get in the way of the future"

"This is a very interesting statement, a bunch of beautiful words that has no effect on real life. I would bet every jewel of mine, every gold coin, that the past can and will get in the way of the future, because the grudges are very strong, you are a fool if you believe that they will accept Daenerys as queen" Athena replied the man taking a long sip of wine then, so that she could say again "Mad Queen, this will be the name your people will give, no matter how much she helps you"

"You're wrong"

"Jon Snow, you really don't know anything. The north has already begun its independence process, many soldiers have already died, do you really believe in this fantasy that they will accept that a newly crowned king bent his knee to a Targaryen and gave up independence?"

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

What did you think of today's chapter?

I hope you liked it!

Thank you for all support

Happy New Year🎇