𝐗𝐈𝐗

"No, absolutely not! You can forget this madness, not even in my craziest dreams I will let you embark on a mission that has an 80% chance of you dying!" Daenerys replied as soon as the two entered the queen's rooms, being completely alone to have this conversation that should not be shared "It's crazy and unfeasible a trip like this, are you aware of the history of people who passed by that place and never came back? And whoever came back, didn't last long after landing on the continent!"

Daenerys at this moment was irreducible in her decision not to allow this trip, her head was hurting from thinking so much about the things that could go wrong. Her brother was a despicable bastard and told the stories with a lack of precision, but she was sure that he did not lie about the number of people who died when they went to that place, and the only person who went and came back, had one of the most cruel and painful deaths ever known.

"But Dany, it's going to be a trip of a maximum of two days, we can't risk Euron taking the horn and gaining the power to control three adult dragons, it's a very big risk" Athena argued while begging with both hands together "We can't let such a disgrace happen, have you ever imagined it's going to be from Westeros?"

"Athena, we are talking about theories and simulations, not concrete things, things that can really happen. The problem is not you being right, but if you are wrong! Besides, how do you think you're going to ride a dragon if they only recognize the blood of Old Valyria?" Daenerys asked as she stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"The least worrying thing of everything I told you is about how I'm going to ride a dragon! For me, this is the least of our problems, I need to go there, I need to get there before him," Athena begged again.

"No, my definitive answer is no! I don't want to know more about this subject Athena, I won't let you go on a suicide mission! What am I going to do if something happens to you? No, definitely not!" Daenerys answered bluntly with an angry expression as she looked at the priestess.

Dread, this was the feeling in the queen's stomach when she thought that if something happened she would not even be able to give a dignified burial to Athena and her remains would be lost forever in the ruins of the old empire. The possibility of the priestess' death made Daenerys more disturbed than she imagined, the possibility of not having anyone else teasing her or stealing the food from her plate during a meeting was a lot. There was a chance she was right, but the queen didn't want to risk Athena's life if she was wrong, it was an act of selfishness, but how do you send the person you like directly into the arms of death?

The queen was confused about her feelings for Athena, especially after the conversation in which the two finally solved all the impasses between them. The conversation had gone much further after the two returned to the palace. The two women saw the sun rise in the Queen's quarters as they talked about everything and nothing, about the most important things and the most stupid things, and when Daenerys realized that her feelings were changing, she faced it with all possible maturity, taking a deep breath, and continuing her routine normally.

In a war, the novels became half-written stories.

"Daenerys, we can't afford to face four different enemies at the same time." Athena warned, raising her tone of voice; she wasn't screaming, but certainly the volume increased a little. "The Euron will betray Cersei when he realizes that instead of taking a slice of the cake, he can steal everything and be the owner of the party; the Starks don't even talk; the last one who respected an oath died before my great-great-grandmother was born!"

"These are hypothetical situations"

"Why be content to be the commander of the royal fleet if you can be the king? And why give up independence when you will profit more than you will lose? Euron will betray Cersei, and Stark will betray you; this is not a hypothetical situation; it is the naked reality."