𝐗

Athena was radiant, smiling at every word that left the lips of Daenerys, the queen who at that moment was speaking on the stage, she talked to the people and everyone was attentive to every word of the ruler. The people were also excited about the woman's words, the crowd grew on the stage and they vibrated with every word, even the most unbelievers sketched a smile with the promise of a secure future for the next generation.

"I will be crossing the sea but the distance is small for me, as long as I am alive no evil will come to you. Someone told me that all power has a benefit and a responsibility, my benefit is to be queen and my responsibility is to act thinking about the best for everyone." Daenerys ended the speech with a firm tone and a serene expression.

In the end everyone was screaming excited about the beginning of the festivities, people were laughing, telling stories, eating and drinking and this was gratifying for the queen. When Daenerys got off the stage, she met with Athena and she was happy to see the doctor dressed in simple clothes and at ease with people.

Athena was finally getting used to the city, she had no problems with people but she always got that strange feeling of being an outsider. Everyone treated her wonderfully well, but she missed her family a little, she wondered if they were okay without her, since the winter in the village was very severe.

"You look beautiful today your majesty" Athena praised Daenerys offering her arm for the queen to hold at the moment she noticed the woman watching her "We still have a lot of time to enjoy, I spared some golden dragons so we can spend today"

"Prepared, I liked it"

"Paranoia I would say, I'll feel horrible if you want to buy something and I don't have money" Athena scratched the back of her neck embarrassed "I don't have such a good status here and I don't earn much, the others can buy things but I still have to save, if I was the one who invited you, at least a good food and a good jewel I can buy"

"How much do you earn?" Daenerys asked trying to hide her growing irritation with the fact that she was not earning enough to the point of needing to save, something that was not common among healers.

"Since you recommended me for a vacancy as a healer in the palace? Three golden dragons per week worked" She replied casually without realizing Daenerys' incredulous expression with this newly acquired information because as far as she had ordered, Athena should earn the same because she worked like the others and sometimes even more than everyone else.

A healer earned an average of 30 to 40 gold coins per week, apart from private services for the nobles, where the amount could increase even more. Something was happening inside the walls of the palace and whatever it was, it didn't please Daenerys and no matter how angry she was she would deal with these issues later, today was their day to enjoy and have fun, she didn't want Athena to be sad.

"Don't worry, I also have some gold coins to spend"

"I saw some great food stalls around here, if you want to go see them first. The cuisine of the city is impressive and very rich in details, I don't know if you've already explored it, but we can check out these facts out there!" Athena commented excitedly, because if there is something she loved more than anything in the world, it was food.

Athena had already read all the Game of Thrones books as well as watching the television show and what always left her intrigued was the taste of the food, some seemed to be incredible while others... caused goosebumps as soon as they were remembered. The first tent had many types of pasta with varieties of meat, the queue was huge, the two refused to pass in front of people.

"It will be worth every penny, if it wasn't worth it these people wouldn't be here" Athena pointed to the huge line that was formed in front of her and then pointed to the other huge line that was forming behind them.

And really the line could bend the street, with the presence of Daenerys in the tent, only the gods would know where the end of the huge line formed would actually be. It was a good idea to visit several tents because with the huge flow of people attracted by the queen, the money could circulate and this movement could leverage the city's trade, but of course she was also keeping an eye on to avoid possible abuses by greedy traders.

"What led you to support my reign? What led you to fight for my cause with so much desire? This is something that arouses my curiosity more than you can imagine," Daenerys asked suddenly, causing a fright in Athena.

"I have two reasons, the first is that you would currently be the best ruler to command the kingdom and the second is that I really like you," Athena replied blushing a little with the last statement, thanking the gods for the night having arrived, since Daenerys could not see the blush on her cheeks.

The tent had many options and Athena made a point of waiting for Daenerys to choose her dish, and as soon as she chose, the woman chose four different types of food to eat. Daenerys laughed at the jokes the woman told and was amazed at her voracious appetite when they sat on a bench in the square.

"I've always wanted to try the foods of Essos and Westeros, there are some things that are wonderful, just like what I read in the books. My cousin would love to be here and see all this, we always wondered what these foods were like" Athena chatted excitedly, spoke so fast even with her mouth full.

Daenerys paid attention to her, there were rare moments when Athena shared very personal things such as family experiences and she was numb by this joyful and relaxed moment. She saw the priestess laugh, tell jokes and tell a little more about herself, she was telling as if she were a professional storyteller.

"Daenerys"

"Dany" the platinum-haired woman said.

"Thank you"

Athena was feeling safe in that small world the two were in and that was being one of the best moments of her life. She can see the war approaching and knows better than anyone the catastrophic events that can happen, the sense of security would be a privilege in the future.

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

What's your opinion about today's chapter?

Please, if you can, don't forget to leave comments and vote... it's very important to me!

Thank you for reading my story, support is very important.