𝐈𝐈

The inn was small and cozier as possible, something for which Athena was very grateful, a little comfort would not be bad at all, she needed to eat and then think about what to talk to the red priestess. It was so much that it needed to be addressed, so many tragedies that needed to be avoided, his head hurt a lot with so many possibilities, and each possibility would modify the story, so every step needed to be calculated, everything here was real, the dragon fire, the murderers, the long night.

Athena knew that she was not like a cat, that she did not have seven lives to spend as she sees fit and that if this time she had a deadly wound, certainly the world of spirits would be her fixed residence. An accurate shot in the head took away her life in the other world, a miserable shot ended all her dreams, the only benefit of this world is that she could be a doctor without a certificate.

"Melisandre, can you answer me something?" Athena asked leaving the stew and the piece of meat momentarily far away "because I'm a priestess and who is Hitad? This is a question that is shading my head, you have some answers to many of my questions."

Melisandre thought for a moment, considering the question and thought it was fair to inform the young woman, it was basic information that would not hurt, because just like Athena, she also could not reveal everything she knew or what she was thinking. The woman knew that her time was running out and the gods would not give a third chance to change the future, either they saved everyone now or abandoned their missions.

"You were the victim of a cold-blooded murder, a single shot of those weapons from your land, he did not show me the sign but showed what happened" she revealed, causing a nauseating wrapping in the young woman's stomach "Hitad is a very powerful entity in your world, so powerful that you are here. She was one of the protectors of her world, designated by the supreme being who governs that universe, she loved humans very much, and luckily for her she was there when everything happened."

"DID she see that I was going to die and did nothing?!" Questioned Athena.

"She could not interfere in things that were already happening, but she decided to save her soul since her death was engraved in stone in that world. In your world no person who died can be revived, so she had to make a very risky decision, reincarnate you in a new world, create a new body but still keep your conscience intact, this is a demonstration of enormous power."

"That had a price, didn't it? Never that something of this size would come out for free," asked Athena thinking about the theory of equivalent exchange.

If she did something of this magnitude, it was certainly not free and the price was still being calculated, and maybe they would never finish this calculation. Everything in the world requires something in return, whether monetary or not. Athena wondered: what was the price paid by Hitad?

"She migrated to this world together with you, that was the price" Melisandre revealed leaving Athena in a paralyzed state "Yes, she thought you were worth this price."

"This still doesn't explain the title of priestess."

"An entity in this world needs people who believe in it so that it can continue to exist, without followers, what would be the meaning of the existence of these deities?" Melisandre asked "she cannot simply influence people to believe in her, faith has to be passed from person to person and as you are the only person who came here, it is therefore her creation."

"I became a priestess because I am the only thing that is her work in this world and do I need to make her known? Talking is easier than doing."

"She knows that you have no faith in her, until the day of your death you knew nothing, she knows that it will take a while for you to believe in her and she works in a different way, this woman is not like the gods of our world." Completed the red priestess.

Athena was thinking about something, something that would not take the weight off Melisandre's shoulders but would help alleviate the guilt that the woman felt, guilt that was evident in her eyes. No one was a saint in the game of thrones, no adult was innocent in this war and the appropriate parts needed to be held accountable even if they were already dead.

"You misinterpreted a vision and it took the life of a child, an innocent girl" Athena said leaving Melisandre tense "you helped kill Shireen Baratheon, this is an undeniable fact... but, you see... if her father was not greedy and desperate for power, there would be no divinity that made that man burn his own daughter."

Melisandre shuddered at the woman's words, she would have no problem expressing what she thought, the young woman had no filter, the words simply came out of her mouth. The red priestess knew that she would not live until the end of the outcome of this story and that at some point she and Athena would separate, so time could not be wasted.

"What is our goal with Daenerys Targaryen?"

"Find her and ask Daenerys to accept having a meeting with Jon Snow" Melisandre said what Athena had already predicted.

"Melisandre, I have something to say," interrupted Athena, "avoid mentioning anything related to prophecy, just say that there is a great evil, that everyone needs to fight together if not, there will be no survivors. There are people who are not at all reliable, your word may not be accurate but it will be necessary for her to consider the meeting."

There were several dangers where the two women would go and the biggest threats were not so explicit, they were threats so subtle that you would only notice them when someone put a knife around your neck and she planned to live. Athena was determined to see Daenerys Targaryen on the throne, in addition to being the most suitable and powerful candidate at the time to perform the function, she would be cursed if she let the queen be betrayed in such a cowardly way.

"We will leave at dawn to meet her" Melisandre replied "I will warn you of one thing, after that we will both follow different paths, I will only see you when the big time comes and a certain god told me that you would like to give a message to a person in the north."

"Far from those trees in the north, far from any kind of animal, you will tell Sansa Stark to be careful with the greatest crow of all, say that if she survived Peter and Cersei, she can't let herself be carried away by other people's ambitions and eyes."

Athena wanted to avoid a series of mass betrayals and unnecessary bloodshed, the real universe worked differently from that television program. There were two wars to be fought at the same time and working on 100% efficient logistics was impossible at that time of the game.

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

What's your opinion about today's chapter?

Thank you for reading my story, support is very important.